Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close shave

Close shave

I went out fowling this afternoon and somehow managed to feed a 3.5" 12b shell into my 10b semi auto, luckily I am still able to type this with all my fingers, it went off with a bit of a fizz more than a bang but split the steel head of the shell, wont be doing that agin

mike

I was out ducking one night and a guy on the next pond put a 20 down a 12.
    He wont be typing with his left hand again.
    I shoot a 20 and 12 but religously check my pockets if I change gun, but in the heat of the moment I imagine it would be a very easy mistake to make.

A lesson to all.

At least you are ok Mike.

ATB

Nick

Friend of mine was sighting in a 243 and a 22/250 and put the 22/250 in the 243 by mistake.Nothing adverse happened,round was well off target and he couldnt undertsand why until i suggested what may have happened.Checked the empty case and i was right

Quote Originally Posted by mickjgardner View Post
    Friend of mine was sighting in a 243 and a 22/250 and put the 22/250 in the 243 by mistake.Nothing adverse happened,round was well off target and he couldnt undertsand why until i suggested what may have happened.Checked the empty case and i was right
    Thanks for that reply. I've often wondered about that as I run a .243 and a 7mm08 - obviously the 08 rounds won't chamber in the 243 but vice versa, they would. I assumed the bullet might bounce around a bit in a bigger barrel.

@mike243- you're a lucky man. Glad to hear you're ok.

I don't believe the gun never blew up.... a wee fairy tale?

What I don't beleive is anyone telling the world something like this that has the possibility of killing themselves or anyone with them .

Far from funny more like tragic , as are the other stories of the same nature.

12 in a 10 ? might have cycled dont think it would have fired

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    12 in a 10 ? might have cycled dont think it would have fired
    Same as a 20 in a 12 bore, no problem till you drop another 12 on top and pull the trigger

Neil.

Impossible for that to happen without the gun destructing so in my opinion it is BU***IT.