Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: recommend me some wellies

recommend me some wellies

i WAS going to buy le chameau but ive been told they arent the best value for money , agila pacour ???????/
    Last edited by Scots_stalker; 10-12-2011 at 20:04.

If you want to pose there is plenty ways to spend cash on wellies. If you want a pair of honest wellies that keep your feet dry and warm without emptying the wallet try Muck Boots. (Tay).

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    If you want to pose there is plenty ways to spend cash on wellies. If you want a pair of honest wellies that keep your feet dry and warm without emptying the wallet try Muck Boots. (Tay).
    +1 on that, just bought a pair two days ago. Fantastic boots really comfortable and keep your feet warm without sweating. Got them from here,
    http://www.internetgardener.co.uk/pr...moss-green/630

I would recommend Dunlop Purofort wellies. As I live on an island I wear them pretty much everyday and I wouldn't wear anything else. They cost about 35 from Gaelforce or MacGregors in Inverness and usually last me about 2 years of abuse. Mine are yellow but they do come in green for that country feel.

Snag

Quote Originally Posted by Snagman View Post
    I would recommend Dunlop Purofort wellies. As I live on an island I wear them pretty much everyday and I wouldn't wear anything else. They cost about 35 from Gaelforce or MacGregors in Inverness and usually last me about 2 years of abuse. Mine are yellow but they do come in green for that country feel.

Snag

Its dunlops I have just now. Had them 5 years. Can't fault em

I love my Gumleaf boots, they're a great little British company that I am using more and more. My mates swear by Muckboots and Aigles. nI've not heard anything good about Le Chemeau or Hunters in a long time. Really no need to spend a fortune at all.

Another vote for Tay Muckboots, had mine since June and they're fantastic. Very comfy

I've Tay Sports and whilst very warm a word of caution- the rubber coating over the neoprene is very thin. I caught them on the bottom of a wire meshed gate and ripped the rubber clean through on top of the foot- it's only about a 1mm thick. I've also caught them on brambles cutting the neoprene. Not the toughest of wellies for 80, although they are the warmest and most comfortable I've had.

Edited to say: and on wet chalk the sole is rubbish it's like wearing roller skates. Not good considering where I live!
    Last edited by widu13; 10-12-2011 at 22:03.

I got a new pair of chameau a couple of months ago,I can't falt em exept the 220 price tag. There not worth that. My last pair were toggi which I had for about 8 years, I wanted to stay loyal to toggi but couldn't get the ones I wanted at short notice.
    Matt.

I had a pair of avon muck boots very comfy and warm but only got 1 season out of them just recently bought a pair of Aigle ISO PARCOURS i really like these very warm in the snow better sole ,would recommend them
    Last edited by KMCK; 11-12-2011 at 12:36.