Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ruger 1022T JAMMING PROBLEMS

ruger 1022T JAMMING PROBLEMS

noticed on some ammo when pulling the bolt back on the first shot the first round gets jammed,the bolt doesnt seem to move freely...should i spray it with gun lube ( bolt ) or will this make things worse...residue etc

cheers

mikky

The 10/22 is known to be fussy on it's diet. Try changing the ammo. Unless you mean it's not stripping the first round cleanly?

Had one a few years back, as widu13 says can be fussy. I would suggest you keep the action as

clean & dry (very little oil) as possible.

Rgds, Buck.

PS. In my own opinion you can't beat a BRNO now known as CZ. BOMBPROOF!!
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 10-12-2011 at 21:55.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

when the bolt is pulled back and released sometimes the first round doesnt feed properly causing the bolt to stay open

mikky

Is the mag spring operating correctly? If the second and consecutive rounds feed I'd be looking at the mag first of all.

Are you maybe also fill'n the mag to max. cause'n tension (feed issue)

or are you use'n one of those silly HOT LIPS mags? possibly try another mag.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

I've never seen one work properly and don't know why people buy them.

Frank

Honestly. The best selling 22 autolading rifle in the world and you've never seen one work properly?? Then you haven't seen many.

Switch ammo. Before you do that, clean the gun and lightly oil the receiver rails and bolt return spring. At the same time disassemble the magazine and clean it. If all that fails, buy a new magazine.~Muir.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Honestly. The best selling 22 autolading rifle in the world and you've never seen one work properly?? Then you haven't seen many.

Switch ammo. Before you do that, clean the gun and lightly oil the receiver rails and bolt return spring. At the same time disassemble the magazine and clean it. If all that fails, buy a new magazine.~Muir.
    +1

Mine can misfeed with Winchester subs but it will perform without fault if I use CCI

Muir

I have 3 mates who have them and I got tired of the click, expletive, click, click, bang, expletive, 2 minutes to clear jam, click etc. So I stick to what I know. Bolt action BRNO more accurate and more reliable. I don't know why people buy Ruger 10/22's.

Frank