Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madness - The 7 day countdown and not all is going to plan!

Madness - The 7 day countdown and not all is going to plan!

next Sunday a few of us are off to Bulgaria after boar and fingers crossed a chance at wolf great! BUT ... I'm not happy with my .375 pig rifle as the trigger is lighter than I'm happy with from a safety point of view. The 100 of carriage their and back to get the bloody thing sorted and the fact that it wouldn't be fixed in time anyways because Edgar B's (it's a brno) are shocking has got me hunting anothers gun.

So yay! I've sourced a lovely nearly new .375 I really fancy and as soon as the one for one is here I'm off in my car the 333.5 miles to fetch it and then the same back because bollox to the nail biting delays of carriage and rfd charges at both ends. Next problem though ....my one for one variation hasn't even been looked at yet lol

FLO says one for one no problem in a couple of days from when they get the forms so I go in on Friday as requested after a phone chat arriving at at 3.15pm and they'd all gone home early WTF arhhh!!!

So the list of problems to overcome in 5 working days:

1) new certificate with variation needs processed and issue of a temp permit to hold current rifle before trade in
    2) new rifle to be collected from a far away place (667 miles round trip)
    3) new low mag scope needs to arrive in post that will go straight on the fitted rings if rail doesn't arrive for current piggy optic
    4) weaver rail for new rifle will finges crossed arrive for holographic sight I already use
    5) rig needs sorted and optics zero'd

but best of all my partner is due to give birth in 4 weeks and is getting restless.

What a drama!

Paul why didnt you just wait in the cop shop for it to be done thats what we do.

They had went home early on Friday and I didn't get to see them, must have gone shopping

Why don't you just get a competent gunsmith to sort the trigger on the BRNO? Anyone worth their salt would have it sorted within half an hour. BRNOs are not renowned for their finesse but they are easy the work on and can be made really sweet with a little work.

I have to ask though, why a .375 for boar? Well overgunned in my experience.

Pip,

He needs the .375 for felling trees, not for hitting Boar

Stan

667 miles ??? thats only about an hour the way you drive that pug ,,,

he's a lumberjack and he's ok....

pip, it was a send away job as nobody local that i asked wanted to touch it. Brian, the pug's a beast
    Last edited by Paul at Fechan; 11-12-2011 at 23:06.

paul can you not take it to dennis at jacksons.

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    next Sunday a few of us are off to Bulgaria after boar and fingers crossed a chance at wolf great!

but best of all my partner is due to give birth in 4 weeks and is getting restless.

What a drama!
    Paul

Take it you can't fit in an AW for me as well- LOL Hope you get sorted with the sledge hammer, most people would just get their trigger fixed- fussy bugger! or are you just a Drama Queen. Enjoy your break and catch you soon

Andy

haha Andy, Any excuse to get out on the walk for deer and I'll come a wander. Let me know any dates that work for you and I'll see what I can do after xmas dates wise.

Tried to get through to Jacksons but couldn't get through on the 01644 470223 number that was on the website.

First tick though.... weaver rail arrived but does it fit