Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: level 1 cert

level 1 cert

Is there a minimum age to sit your level 1,and if so is this to do with using afirearm without a cert on the shooting test,any info would be great cheers boys.
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money

Without your own ticket you'd have to be 18.

When i sat on the dsc1 coarse a couple of yrs ago there was a 14 yr old lad also sitting the coarse at the same time and the only part of the coarse you would need to have a FAC for would be the shooting part which can be taken using the equivelant of an estate rifle and under supervision i would assume .
    Last edited by Monument veiw; 12-12-2011 at 11:23. Reason: further info

Nemo

You got it in one. DSC1 age restriction effectively relates to the Firearms side of things.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

They have to have their own Firearm Certificate or be over the age of 18, or the assessments can be conducted if they are participating in a Home Office Approved Rifle club activity.

My son was 13 when he did the Written, Game Meat Hygiene, Visual and Safety Assessments.

He had to wait until he was 14 until he could do the shooting assessment in fact he was 14 years and 2 days old when he passed his DSC1

It could have been your son on the coarse i sat , did you drop him off and wait around for him ? was the coarse ran by Chris Howard and Jan Andrews on the 1st couple of days . April 2010

Monument, the estate rifle condition specifically exempts anyone under the age of 18 from using it, so unless you have your own FAC and rifle, you can't do the shooting test before the age of 18.

thanks i didnt know that .

Quote Originally Posted by Monument veiw View Post
    It could have been your son on the coarse i sat , did you drop him off and wait around for him ? was the coarse ran by Chris Howard and Jan Andrews on the 1st couple of days . April 2010
    No sorry it wasn't him as he did it this year.
    I did my with Chris Howard too . I think he is really good.
    Last edited by wood; 12-12-2011 at 12:13.