Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brass cleaning

brass cleaning

Folks.
    Whats the most robust media to us in my bowl cleaner. Corn or tufnut. Using corn but have some odd bits of brass that wont clean up
    Last edited by accurate; 12-12-2011 at 18:04.

i use cordless drill,case holder and wire wool

Thanks swaro. Might come to that. I have tried the usual corn with polishes included but wont remove some of the staining.

Corn, & polish works really well for me, but it struggles with the inside, and the primer pocket.

A primer pocket tool cleans most of the crud out, but I've been playing with an ultrasonic cleaning tank too. I didn't think it was working too well,
    because the cases were getting tarnished from the cleaning solution, until I emptied the tank, and found a black residue in the bottom.

I've since tried a different cleaner, and this is looking very promising.

ive got an ultra sonic cleaner too but have been struggling lately with it, would you care to share which solution youve been using

regards Mike

Mike,

I just need to do a couple more tests, to see what works the best, and I'll happily share the info.

I use ultrasonic tanks at work, and one of the solutions I tried is designed for cleaning fuel injectors, but it's quite expensive. That said, I'm going to see how it works if I dilute it down.

I've also got another couple I want to try, and they are from Ultrawave,http://www.ultrawave.co.uk/products....ing equipment. one of them is the one that seemed oxidize/tarnish the brass, but I can't remember which one it was.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Mark.

cheers Mark, that would be handy

mike

Stainless tumble media, have not looked back since investing in it.
    Just done 120 17Rem cases, look brand new (shiny inside and out).
    I can thoroughly recommend this system - it's the mutts nuts!

BTW - I need shiny to see the colour change on the case neck when I anneal my cases.

linky...

Quote Originally Posted by j0e_bl0ggs View Post
    Stainless tumble media, have not looked back since investing in it.
    Just done 120 17Rem cases, look brand new (shiny inside and out).
    I can thoroughly recommend this system - it's the mutts nuts!

BTW - I need shiny to see the colour change on the case neck when I anneal my cases.

linky...
    joe bloggs.
    looks impressive but where is it available from within the uk or europe? since we are often ripped off in the uk do the us prices get expensive when they translate to britain?

Honestly the brass looks brand new, I'm really impressed and that takes some doing!

Have not found the system available here, there was a guy thinking about doing it but his projected prices ended up in the 'rip-off' category.

Bit like the case annealing systems, one guy started up 'refurbishing' brass same cost as once fired...go figure.
    (I think he was trying to recover the 500 it cost him!)
    Last edited by j0e_bl0ggs; 17-12-2011 at 17:26.