Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which .17hmr

Which .17hmr

I'm thinking of getting a.17 hmr and am slightly torn....

Firstly to get one or not...But have alot of crows to deal with so would be useful for this!

Secondly and mainly!!..... Which rifle? I'm thinking of either an anschutz or a sako quad....Is the sako good? It would be handy to have the .22 barrel as I only have a 10/22 which is good but not especially accurate, We normally have ALOT of rabbits and the semi auto feature really comes into its own but currently accuracy would be preferred.

If the sako is as good as any other 17 then i will prob go that way

Any experience welcome please

Quote Originally Posted by Dickyboy View Post
    I'm thinking of getting a.17 hmr and am slightly torn....

Firstly to get one or not...But have alot of crows to deal with so would be useful for this!

Secondly and mainly!!..... Which rifle? I'm thinking of either an anschutz or a sako quad....Is the sako good? It would be handy to have the .22 barrel as I only have a 10/22 which is good but not especially accurate, We normally have ALOT of rabbits and the semi auto feature really comes into its own but currently accuracy would be preferred.

If the sako is as good as any other 17 then i will prob go that way

Any experience welcome please
    CZ 452 , 0.5" groups at 100 yards, excellent value for money (ok, it did need the 12 aftermarket trigger)

Don't bother ! Buy a .17 centerfire

Anschutz cracking trigger GURANTEED ACCURACY

I have a Savage (left handed) which is very accurate but the build quality is not great (plastic trigger guard, replaced twice) plus the action does not always pick up the new round so there is always a doubt in my mind as to whether there is a round in the chamber. Were I to replace it I would go for a CZ. but I can't fault the accuracy.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

I have the Sako.
    It is great

there is one for sale in the classifieds as well

Ditto for the CZ 452 which I have but a friend has a Anschutz 1517 with the thumbhole stock, lovely bit of kit but a tad expensive circa 800 against the CZ 350/450

Chris
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

I have the .17 sako quad and the .22 barrel. Since putting the .17 barrel on I havent returned to the .22. Incredibly accurate. Head shot a bunny at 150yds last night. Accurate even in a healthy wind out to any distance you might want to shoot a .22 at but does go off quite quickly after 100yds in a strong wind.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

+1 for the cz452 accurate and wont break the bank

If you must have a magnum rimfire, I would suggest you get one that shoots .22 bullets..

The 17 is cack....
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......