Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone been to Hungary for driven boar?

Has anyone been to Hungary for driven boar?

Hi. As the title suggests, has anyone got any experiance of driven boar hunting in Hungary? Was the experience good/bad/indifferent, how much was the cost, were there many boar, what outfitter did you use, would you go again? The reason I ask is that I am organising our bi-annual driven boar trip and fancy a change from Poland.

Thanks in anticipation, Pip.

Hi Pip,
    we go to Spanish mountains and do driven deer and boar. Bags are 30+ a day and are all wild. 6 guns and 5* accom.

My friend goes with Field & Forest ( Paul Smith), not sure where but recons it is very good.

I too have been with field and forest, hunting open areas. The accomodation and standard of hospitality was excellent. I personally didnt see any more boar than in Lithuania, croatia etc. I saw 2, shot 2. I also thought it was a bit off, and surprising! that our hosts charged us for boar that we had shot at and wounded and were not on the game cart at the end of the hunt! If the guns involved had known, they would have kept their mouths shut when they asked beaters to look for boar they thought they had hit. SO that put a sour taste on an otherwise a good trip for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Hi Pip,
    we go to Spanish mountains and do driven deer and boar. Bags are 30+ a day and are all wild. 6 guns and 5* accom.

My friend goes with Field & Forest ( Paul Smith), not sure where but recons it is very good.
    Hi Chopper
    Which outfitter do you use for Spain?
    Pip

Hungry is great , plenty of game about , price ? no idea mate i was invited by the owner never paid for anything

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Hungry is great , plenty of game about , price ? no idea mate i was invited by the owner never paid for anything
    Thanks for that mate, really helpful.

Chopper, thanks for the PM. Have replied.

Keep in touch with Angus !!!

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Keep in touch with Angus !!!
    He has but is planning on later in 2012. I thought he/they might join us. Any one for 20th to 23rd of January in Hungary ?