Deer Bits for dog training

Number8

Would anyone in the north east of Scotland have any spare scraps left over from a gralloch that I can use for dog training? I'd prefer roe but I'll take what I can get. Skin, heart, liver and blood would be handy.
I'm in Laurencekirk and work in Aberdeen.
Cheers
Derek

Last edited:
Would anyone in the north east of Scotland have any spare scraps left over from a gralloch that I can use for dog training? I'd prefer roe but I'll take what I can get. Skin, heart, liver and blood would be handy.
I'm in Laurencekirk.
Cheers
Derek

Are you planning to teach him to eat? Must be a very special dog.

If you are teaching him to track I suggest you need blood and hoofs and a bit of skin at the end.

Nothing like a bit of heart or liver at the end to say weldone that dog. Mine loves her treats and i have found she is a food for training type of dog.

Nothing like a bit of heart or liver at the end to say weldone that dog. Mine loves her treats and i have found she is a food for training type of dog.

The danger with that method is that the dog might help himself to a snack when he finds the deer before you.
If you want to reward him carry some dog biscuits. With a bit of luck and a bit of training once the dog has found the deer he will come and tell you to claim his reward.

I'm in the early stages of this, but tried just laying a trail or two with some old liver I had in the kitchen. The dog is a my pet spaniel beagle cross but followed the trail perfectly. I think I'll see what I can achieve with her before I buy an expensive one and spoil it. She does seem very please to eat the liver at the end!

If you want to reward him carry some dog biscuits. With a bit of luck and a bit of training once the dog has found the deer he will come and tell you to claim his reward.[/QUOTE]

That's a good thought!

No mistake Baron she gets cooked liver and heart it saves me getting in a mess and the biscuits well there for me. Hill Tac :love:

I'm in Laurencekirk and work in Aberdeen.
Cheers
Derek

On your supplies try Jamross65 on this site. He is not too far away.

Back