Thread: Harkila help.

Harkila help.

I have a Harkila Kodiak suit and it got well muddy lifting my CBR's over fences on my shoot and i washed it at low temperature and the leather patches on the jacket and trousers lost a bit of colour. I was thinking of Meindl Wax to bring the lustre back as it has dried a wee bit lighter... Any better suggestions?
    Thanks.

you could try neatsfoot oil it usually brings back a good dark leather colour.

Prov

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I have a Harkila Kodiak suit and it got well muddy lifting my CBR's over fences on my shoot and i washed it at low temperature and the leather patches on the jacket and trousers lost a bit of colour. I was thinking of Meindl Wax to bring the lustre back as it has dried a wee bit lighter... Any better suggestions?
    Thanks.
    Hi i use marrs oil & it dose say on the tin that it can make the leather go darker & it is very good stuff used it for years hope this helps.

If you don't want to make the leather facings shiney but prefer to keep them as they came from Harkila then I'd avoid any of the waxy products.

I use this product on my Kodiak jacket and other suede/nubuck leathers and find it works well: http://www.leathercareandrepair.co.u..._protector.php

Attachment 10969

I asked the same question a few months ago
    Leather Treatment

Thanks for your replies and help... just dug a tin of Mars Oil out of my stores.

Hi Red Dot, I have a Harkila Kodiak suit and was advised by Harkila to use their Harkila Mink Oil, (rub it in the leather gently was their instructions) it can be purchased from uttings or swillingtons for under 10 . Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Tony>

Quote Originally Posted by ajr View Post
    Mink Oil>
    That stuff sounds like it might have a side effect.