new high seats

nice going they look smart,the supports on the back to the ladders could be shortened to around the third rung without losing any stregnth you will gain steel to make extra seats hope you dont mind me saying that as it is a nice seat,atb wayne

nice going they look smart,the supports on the back to the ladders could be shortened to around the third rung without losing any stregnth you will gain steel to make extra seats hope you dont mind me saying that as it is a nice seat,atb wayne

wayne thats true i did think about what you have said at the time i was building them. the one in the photo is only a single so the thinking was if i build doubles i can use the same ladder and braces and just change the dimensions of the seat size and the long braces will give extra strength when you have two fattes in the seat i must admit its very stable with the long braces .but its still a good point with the price of steel i will soon have to sell my guns to be able to afford any more. thanks

no worries mate i make them full time. even for double seats i still only go around the third rung as the angle and stregnth wont change i go to the 4th rung on my really heavy duty free standers but thats so i can tie in my back legs and makeit stuctural. great design you have just one other thing if you got some 20mm tube to attach to your front rail it will fit inside your box section drill it around 100mm centres then you have an adjustable front rail .some seats need a higher rail depending on if its facing a wood or alittle out in the open if you know where your deer are coming from you can set it up to suit atb,wayne

Back