Thread: A little piece of Sussex

A little piece of Sussex

This is the Kings stand, so called as it's where King Edward 7th used to stand on shootdays. He described the shoot as one of the prettiest coverts in the country, and it claims that five heads of state all shot here on the same day.

Davie

HERES ONE OF MY SHOOTING AREA SORRY NO FISH NET ON THIS ONE BUT IF ANY ONE WANTS ME TO HIDE MY FACE I WILL.

Thank you for sharing that 6.5x55, although I'm not sure why you did!

A photo of my range, which used to be a motar firing range during world war II

Davie
    Sorry mate tried to stat a new section made an ass of it but hey such is life. It Christmas and a nice time to share.

Here is a nice one for thr time of year

Elwood, it looks nice. Very English! very flat!

Is that 3rd picture your pad where you stay over when you are shooting? Beats my shed any day of the week.

Your range looks the bees knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Niveus
    Elwood, it looks nice. Very English! very flat!

Is that 3rd picture your pad where you stay over when you are shooting? Beats my shed any day of the week.

Your range looks the bees knees.
    Flat, flat! that's the South Downs don't you know, OK granted we don't have mountains, which in my book is a good thing as I don't have to walk up and down them all day long

The house in question used to be a private house which has now be turned into a college and I do believe the largest flint building in England.

very nice countryside elwood,and you 6.5x55 is your land in scotland or cumbria going off the photo of you with the water behind you?

Davie
    Its in the trossachs mate and a nice place to be when everything starts to get you down