Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada Goose

Canada Goose

Hello All,

I promised a friend of mine a goose for xmas day. I normally shoot several before xmas but have not seen any over my land this year. Does anyone have a canada goose going spare? I am willing to pay and collect.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

They taste like ***** your better off with a pink foot if your paying for it mate

Quote Originally Posted by 243Sako View Post
    Hello All,

I promised a friend of mine a goose for xmas day. I normally shoot several before xmas but have not seen any over my land this year. Does anyone have a canada goose going spare? I am willing to pay and collect.

ATB
    Rob
    243Sako
    Hi Rob
    I am going to the Solway tomorrow hoping to get under the pinkfeet, we are shooting fri and sat coming home sunday if we get any i will give you a shout
    Geordie

Can get you a Canada or Greylag if you want from south Dorset. PM me if you want it in next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail killer View Post
    They taste like ***** your better off with a pink foot if your paying for it mate
    yep, ferret food only as far as I'm concerned.

if you really want one and fancy a drive to Worcestershire you are more than welcome
    to come a shoot some with me Rob. mike

CANADA GOOSE I would pay to watch him eat it. Why would you give someone one of them.
    The best thing to do with em is take the breasts off and chuck them in some sauages next time
    you have some made. But if he does get one and eat's it. Let us know if he's still your friend.
    Next year you can give him some crows that should do the trick.
    merry christmas

Sorry chaps but your wrong....You just need to know how to cook it. Yes a whole bird its a bit tough but the breast adn legs can be made into some nice meals and can be relatively tender if you do it right. The meat actually tastes pretty good when done in the right sauce etc.

Hello Chaps,

Thank you all for your comments. I have eaten canadas in the past and quite enjoyed them. My missus must be a better cook than i give her credit for!!! Geordieh if you could give me a PM if you get lucky with the pinkfeet I would be obliged.

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

Huh? I have eaten Canada several times even shot a couple over stubble and eaten them and liked them. First time was in a stew when dining with the keeper after a stalking day.

Good luck with you quest. Wish I could help but sorry cannot.

I normally just breast them and toss the rest in the bin, dressing the full bird out is a long job nothing like dressing a pheasant. The meat is better thinly sliced and slowly cooked in stews done like this it does taste OK, I think the fat can taint the meat if the whole bird is roasted.