Thread: BOSS "sweet spot" chart

BOSS "sweet spot" chart

Hi All,

Does anyone know where i can lay my hands on Browning BOSS sweet spot chart? I am looking at putting Federal 180gr ammunition through my browning A- Bolt?

Cheers,

Dave

off topic and sorry for that, but what do you reckon to the A bolt - plse let me know any good AND bad points plse. Appreciated.

Scrun

Might be of use depending on calibre : http://www.browning.com/customerserv...ail.asp?ID=109

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Might be of use depending on calibre : http://www.browning.com/customerserv...ail.asp?ID=109

Atb, Buck.

Thanks for that Buck. I'll have a look.

atb

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post
    off topic and sorry for that, but what do you reckon to the A bolt - plse let me know any good AND bad points plse. Appreciated.

Scrun
    Hi Scrun,

I haven't put a round thru it yet. Its in .300 win mag and getting ammo seems to take a bit of time. As far as build quality is concerned, it's on a par with my Tikka T3 synthetic. Bolt operation is nice and smooth. I also prefer the "shot gun" style safety on the A-bolt compared to the catch on my Tikka.

Once i get some ammo (hopefully sometime this week) and put some thru it, I'll let you know how i get on but it looks good so far.

The only thing that i would consider a bad point is that the points to fix bases to for a scope are fixed so i cant move to scope back any further, which would be nice with such a long bolt throw in the .300, But other than that i'm happy with it.

I'll let you know how i get on when i get to the range.

atb,

Dave

Cheers for that mate

Andrew

Hi Dave

I had a Browning A Bolt .270 for a good number of year's, never let me down and used it in all condition's.

Wish i still had it to tell the truth.

ATB
    Wullie.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scrun63 View Post

Scrun
    Hi Scrun,

Finally managed to get some time and get down the the range to sight in my Eurobolt. Boss setting was 8.5 and ammo was 180gr Federals. Really happy with the results. It's a nice rifle to shoot, but you definately do need ear protection when using the Boss! Mine is chambered in .300win mag and with the muzzle break on is no more punchier than a .270.

All in all a nice and accurate bit of kit. Pic of the targets are below. The target on the right has a low shot which is first shot clean barrel. The target on the left is after the scope was adjusted to 100 mtrs. Hope this helps.

atb

Dave.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180gr Federal 8.5 BOSS.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	509.7 KB 
ID:	11711

Thanks for that Dave. However events have overtaken and I bought a s/hSauer 6.5 a week ago. But taking the time out to let me know is appreciated

Andrew