Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: announced today

announced today

how long will it be now before badgers are on general license ????????? it was announced today that farmers are going to be allowed to shoot badgers whats your views

I hav very little faith in anything Spelman predicts or forecasts..!!
    Not even sure she works for the direction she premotes or try's to premotes
    Just another job's worth in my mind

Expensive and time consuming, both to initiate and to coordinate.
    No guarantee that all the badgers in the designated area will be culled.
    Gassing is cheaper.
    What do you expect with a weak coalition?

where was that announced ? As others have said Gassing would be cheaper. Im sure this will only be for TB hot spots.
    Last edited by crouch valley; 14-12-2011 at 20:44.

My feelings are mixed as I like old brock but do feel that farmers should be able to control their numbers. Though I would like a badger skull to go next to my fox skull!

Attachment 11011

Quote Originally Posted by devonfoxer View Post
    how long will it be now before badgers are on general license ?????????
    General license is only for birds
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by devonfoxer View Post
    how long will it be now before badgers are on general license ????????? it was announced today that farmers are going to be allowed to shoot badgers whats your views
    I've always found it a bit odd that a Cow with TB has to be killed but an infected Badger is protected. Logically if killing the infected cattle is the best method of control the same must hold true of Badgers

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    I've always found it a bit odd that a Cow with TB has to be killed but an infected Badger is protected. Logically if killing the infected cattle is the best method of control the same must hold true of Badgers
    Aye, and it is not cows that are mopping up the eggs and nestlings of Curlews, Lapwings, Skylarks etc.
    Also it is a sad fact of life that farmers suffer severe restrictions for moving stock yet the badger can shuffle about anywhere willy-nilly.

HWH.

Here we go again!! Farmers are NOT going to be allowed to shoot badgers. The government has announced the setting up of two test areas, quite large, in which at least 70% of the area has to included in the cull area. The cull has to be done by approved persons employed by the farmers in that area, by 'free shooting' whatever that means. This will not start until autumn 2012 and will be monitored for four years!!!! In the meantime the misery of BTB will still have to be endured be the rest of the farming community, including the slaughter of huge numbers of cattle and the inability to trade properly ( some herds have been 'closed' for years ). The information is readily available so lets not start another thread based on nothing, PLEASE.

the farmers dont employ the shooters the have been approached by defra to do a cull with restrictions i know a person already approached but declined on the ground that the animal rights would have a field day on these shooters i didnt start this thread based on nothing just what i heard on the radio today