Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cull Fallow shooting in Dorset - Winter Season

Cull Fallow shooting in Dorset - Winter Season

Folks, it's that time of year once more!

The deer are showing on the pasture as the woodland under-story gets grazed out, and the land-owner is not happy at seeing next years silage being cropped!

I can provide shooting for parties of 2-4 shooters at an inclusive price of 150 per person per day (two outings), target species being any sex cull Sika & Fallow Deer, no limit on numbers - subject always to first shot kills! So, no shots at a second beast unless you are sure your first shot was fatal. To encourage accurate shooting at ranges within your capabilities, lost beasts will be charged at 200.

Wild Boar (Juvenile/Female) may be taken if seen, at an additional fee of 50. Trophy Stags / Bucks / Wild Boar may be taken if seen at a fee subject to negotiation, but capped at 350 for a CIC Gold Standard.

Venison remains the property of the estate - but is available at prevailing Game-Dealer rates.

I need you to turn up for a check-zero between 2:30 to 3:00pm on the day before the shoot with your rifles zeroed for the ammunition you will be using on the shoot. You should be able to shoot a group of not more than 3" from a rested position at 100yds. If you are unable to do this, then you will require supervision at an extra 40 daily cost.

Shooting will be conducted by both high-seat and accompanied foot stalking. You should be a competent shooter, as you will be working under your own responsibility. Supervision/coaching/estate rifle is available for those looking to further their knowledge of stalking, or work towards DSC2. As an AW, I can assist in completion of your portfolio at no additional cost during these outings.

We have excellent accommodation on-site - which is charged at 45 per person, per day, to include Jo's famous breakfast and evening meal.

Any questions - do just give me a call.

Regards

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 15-12-2011 at 14:16.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

PM Sent

Hi there, would very much like to attend for a day end of January if possible, can do week days or weekends as i have my own buisnesses so can "fit in" with your plans.
    Regards Jamie.

I'm very interested for myself and my old (74 year old) friend.
    PM sent

Guys,

Thanks for the interest - it will be a pleasure to see you down 'yer!

I'll send through some more detail tomorrow. Although we shoot with a minimum of two stalkers on the ground, do get in touch if you are interested. We can always make up a party on dates that suit everyone.

Rgds

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 15-12-2011 at 22:33.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Ian!.............. you really do know how to strain Santa's benevolence, ............ will be looking in the purse when she's not looking!... Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Ian,

Many thanks for a very enjoyable day!

Very surprised about the amount of Fallow on the ground we went to!!

Jamie

Had a visit with Ian & Jo on this deal had a great time and would definatly recommend a visit.
    Thanks Guys
    Nigel

Pm on it's way