Thread: Question on shooting sticks

Question on shooting sticks

Hello everyone.

I'm taking the DSC1 course at the end of February, and one of the things I'm aksed to bring are shotting sticks. I've never shot from sticks before and wondered if someone could recommend some foldable/dismantlable/collapsable ones, as I tend to travel around on trains a fair bit and like to keep my gear packed away.

Thanks!
    Lawrence.

Doing a forum search on the subject or scrolling down the threads will reveal a number of postings on the subject.

Jagersport are having a clear out at the moment and selling the Deerhunter telescopic bi-pod sticks in green and cammo at under 20.

http://www.jager-sport.co.uk/?id=2&pid=253

occasionly i mite stalk with sticks and i got 2 legged ones,dont get them,i tried 3 legged ones and you are much steadier on 3 legs

For me a tripod is the best choice. But this is down to individual taste, and the ground you are stalking on...

For the purposes of the test, take some quad sticks. They are really steady. A lot of people don't like them for practical use though because can be a bit time consuming deploying them in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretmanabu View Post
    For the purposes of the test, take some quad sticks. They are really steady. A lot of people don't like them for practical use though because can be a bit time consuming deploying them in the field.
    +1

With a bit of practice they can be relatively easy to deploy and it you are v close or dont have time you can use them as a bipod. Make a set your self with 4 garden cains from B+Q and 4 martingale rings.

Dave

To be perfectly honest at the range you need to take the standing shot you could throw the bullet through the bull.
    making quad sticks just for that scenario is overkill.

borrow some when you are there, try a few styles with dry firing.
    you may or may not ever use them again if you go out and buy some of a style you dont like