Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parker Hale 'Scout' 1300S in .308

Parker Hale 'Scout' 1300S in .308

ALL PROVISIONALLY SOLD

After some long thoughts I've decided to sell my Parker Hale 'Scout'. It's got some sentimental value as it was my first 'proper' rifle!!

It had a new stock bedded and fitted by Norman Clarke (Parker Hale god!!!) a couple of years ago, and a refurbished bolt ejecting spring from them as well. She has sling mounts front and back. I have a webbing sling or a leather sling, both home made, your choice.

It has a muzzle break as standard but I also have an ASU Utra S5 stainless steel moderator for it (on my ticket so you would need a space on yours) if you're interested.

It currently uses an immaculate S&B 7 x 50 Klassik (german) scope which is up for sale with the rifle (if the new owner doesn't want the scope then it'll be up for grabs, but they have first refusal). Fitted on Leupold QR rings.

Barrel is good, as is rifling, its been very little used over last couple of years but gets the occasional shoot. Action works well (Mauser 98), and needs a firm action otherwise cartridge may not fully fly out of action but sits above next round. Quick fluid action and she works fine.

There are two magazines, 1 x 4 round and 1 x 10 round. Although I bought the 10 round I've hardly used it as I used to single feed when at the targets.

She's a feisty rifle, especially with the moderator off and muzzle break on, and if your shooting targets lie down next to someone your not too keen on!!!! But she is also pretty accurate, especially with home loads. She has a 1:11 twist so will cope with heavier rounds, but 165 gr works well. As with a lot of 'scout' type rifles the barrel is short at 19", clearly not a long range rifle, but being shorter its a stiffer barrel so accuracy is good over shorter distances. Velocity is obviously not going to be as fast as a 26" barrel, but this rifle is designed for being easy to handle hunting, not long distance target shooting.

For ages I thought the trigger wasn't great, then recently read somewhere about how to adjust it, what a difference!!! She now has about 2lb pull and is amazingly crisp for a standard trigger, why on earth I didn't do it earlier I'll never know!

There is only one or two very small marks on the stock, but other than that it's in excellent condition.

She's a pleasure to shoot and Ill miss her, and she may not be a SAKO, but she'll still be an excellent stalking rifle.

Face to Face preferred or can ship via RFD at your expense.

Looking for:
    250 without moderator or scope
    350 with just moderator
    450 with just Scope (incl. rings)
    495 with everything and will include bag and some cases and any other .308 stuff I can find lying around!

Live in Suffolk, but happy to travel within reason.

Toby *sniff*

Last edited by TobyH; 16-12-2011 at 21:40.

First dibs on the scope please, if it doesn't go with the rifle.

The whole package looks an absolute bargain, so I'm not hopeful!

Novice

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    would have had the rifle to fill my 308 slot

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Gotta be quick round here

Toby,

Let me know if the sale falls through. I know a young lad looking for something, just like this

Mark

Way too cheap Toby!
    I've been offered > 495 just for the my 'Scout' rifle alone.
    10 round mags go for 50+, the scope has to be worth >300 etc etc ....so an absolute bargain for someone.
    Shame I don't have any more space on my FAC or I'd buy this one & convert to 243 so I have a pair.
    Great rifles for woodland stalking & use in confined spaces (shooting vermin from inside a truck cab etc).
    Thouroughly recommend these rifles, but mine much prefers 130grn Flat base bullet reloads.

To be honest I wasn't sure what it was worth. I only paid about 280 for it so as its had some use...

I was recommended the flat base rounds, but never got round to trying them out.

Thats got to be one of the best bargain packages i have seen for a long time!

i saw this thread quite early on another site and sooo wished i had a slot for 308 , not just because of the bargain price , but the rifle looks fantastic. i asked for dibs on the scope ( novice beat me too it however) but deep down you just know someone will buy it as a package , great value

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    would have had the rifle to fill my 308 slot

bob.
    got the whole lot here in the bank if it falls over, this would have pride fo place in the cabinet.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube