Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Who's stalking now.

  1. #1

  2. #2
    the loaded rifle swinging from his shoulder , its barrel pointing towards my face ,,,,,,,,, WTF???????????????

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    the loaded rifle swinging from his shoulder , its barrel pointing towards my face ,,,,,,,,, WTF???????????????
    I have stalked with Darren on several occasions, I would put money on that being nothing more than a journalist talking their usual bollox.

    One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

  4. #4
    Not a bad article apart from that one paragraph though.. Some good facts in there and would probably go down pretty well with your average city slicker. Slightly gory in places but its honest.

    Its such a shame they let that paragraph about a loaded rifle enter the article. On another note, if anyone ever challenges me about deer populations and how they should be left to find a natural balance, i shall point them in the direction of a certain wildlife reserve in flevoland, holland.

  5. #5
    of course it was loaded! at least I stalk with a loaded rifle, but in 'safe mode'.

    barrel pointing towards his face, yep, that's right as he's walking behind,,,no one said he was looking down the barrel, just that the barrel was pointing/canting/leaning towards his face.

    it's just how you read it...

  6. #6
    true but its an unnecessary paragraph. i interpreted it in a negative way also..

  7. #7
    Flying - When I'm asked that question about finding their own balance, I simply respond I too would like nothin more than that. All you have to do is remove all people, concrete buildings, roads and lipecidatory svestock, re introduce predatory species and leave the country as if we have never been here!!

    As thats not going to happen and we have meddled so much so far then we really have to continue with the role of top of the food chain!

    Theres not really much of an arguement to have after that!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickyboy View Post
    Flying - When I'm asked that question about finding their own balance, I simply respond I too would like nothin more than that. All you have to do is remove all people, concrete buildings, roads and lipecidatory svestock, re introduce predatory species and leave the country as if we have never been here!!

    As thats not going to happen and we have meddled so much so far then we really have to continue with the role of top of the food chain!

    Theres not really much of an arguement to have after that!
    I like that
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

    Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfisherman View Post
    true but its an unnecessary paragraph. i interpreted it in a negative way also..
    Yes me too and so would joe public im afraid, even if it was journalistic hyperbole.

  10. #10
    to be fair its a better write up than we usually get

Similar Threads

  1. Stalking equipment for hill stalking
    By Hales Smut in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-11-2011, 17:06
  2. Wanted Stalking lease in Scotland and/or stalking work.
    By Kiwikeeper in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 12:12
  3. Wanted Stalking lease in Scotland and/or stalking work.
    By widows son in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27-11-2009, 09:42
  4. Stalking Prize Draw - Stalking in the Scottish Borders
    By admin in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31-10-2007, 11:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •