Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread/Post of the year 2011

Thread/Post of the year 2011

Now that the year is almost over, what do the esteemed members of the forum feel deserve the glorious position as 'best thread/post of 2011'?

similarly, any suggestions for 'worst thread/post of the year'?

and if you wish 'most controversial thread/post of the year'?

I wonder which members will win the prizes on offer (that being the pride of bearing the title)

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Now that the year is almost over, what do the esteemed members of the forum feel deserve the glorious position as 'best thread/post of 2011'?

similarly, any suggestions for 'worst thread/post of the year'?

and if you wish 'most controversial thread/post of the year'?

I wonder which members will win the prizes on offer (that being the pride of bearing the title)
    There's Bugger All that I can think of for this Well done Basil what an absolute classic.
    A special mention for Jesus Christ in Richmond Park - if only it was a site members dog
    Last edited by timbrayford; 16-12-2011 at 23:08.

Dose the admin know the threads that got the most views and the most posts top ten then let the members vote.

Ballistic tips?
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    Bugger all for me......

The others are a bit and qualify in other categories.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

There is no doubt about it finnbear that the most controversial is definitely bowhunting which is also in the running for the most irritating category, thankfully JayB has now locked that subject.

There are some subjects such as Ballistic Tips, Bowhunting, and extreme range or longrange head shooting that are being constantly resurrected by “new” members. These subjects have been done to death on numerous occasions and all that they do is to reopen old wounds, I wonder if this is sometimes done with malevolent intent. What is really needed is a couple of standard warning statement that can be added to a thread by the moderators e.g.

Warning - controversial subject that has previously caused offence, search previous threads for further information. Do not reignite. Proceed no further.

Warning - this subject has been discussed numerous times previously and you are now about to bore the arse off me. Don’t be so lazy and look back through previous threads using the search facility. (Perhaps this should be worded more diplomatically).

8X57 Just a wee question then if head shooting is so bad why design a bullet that is perfectly designed foe head shooting in the Vmax type bullet.Also the well used SST,s Have plastic tips were do they fall on the side of ballistic or more on the side of predictable deformation.

V Max........... definition of, Vermin round. (Here we go again) derail imminent!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!