Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for stalking gaiters

Recommendations for stalking gaiters

As the topic suggests, any suggestions for gaiters that are suitable to use when stalking i.e quiet
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

Quote Originally Posted by dave1372 View Post
    As the topic suggests, any suggestions for gaiters that are suitable to use when stalking i.e quiet
    I have some by seeland which to my mind rustle a little too much, I prefer a long pair of leather boots which are great in Winter and uncomfortably hot in Summer

In the winter, I find macgaiters are excellent, don't get much noise off the neoprene
    In summer and if I have to wear gaiters, the Blackislander ones seem to do the trick

Black islander gaiters "Considered by many to be the best on the market today"
    I can vouch for that, great piece of kit.
    Shane

barbour endurance do it for me. if you want goretex proofing, it's always going to be a bit noisy, the materials just won't allow otherwise.

I have Berghaus Yeti Gaitors.
    don't make any noise that I am aware of. they are well worn though which has probably taken some of the factory rustle out of the material.
    They do fit boots other than just the Scarpa ones. I always silicon them on round the base anyway for an extra bit of waterproofing

if you've ever walked with crampons you'll know how to walk in gaitors to avoid them scraping together..in any case, most of the noise will be from leaves and twigs hitting them rather than from your legs rubbing together,,if you walk in them properly

Dave

Ive used Kammo gaiters which have a quiet outer and they have performed well. Your welcome to give them a try if u want.
    Muz

Kammo is my choice - very good quality and very quiet.

Kammo. I have abused mine for 3 years and they are still waterproof. Soft fabric that doesnt rustle and stands up to brambles