Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mannlicher stutzen model L double set trigger.

Mannlicher stutzen model L double set trigger.

Hi folks, I have recently bought the above rifle in .308, which i am really pleased with.

My question, Is there a mannlicher site where i can find any information as to year of manufacture etc.
    Cant seem to find anything.
    Cheers High seat.
    Merry Christmas all.

Look here...compare codes on your rifle.
    one shot, one skill

Schultz & Larsen,s info. is probably correct, .......I think Mod L M & S rifles commenced production in the 1980's (I may be corrected on this).

I bought a brand new Mod L .243Win Stutzen in 1990.....by 2002 the new models were called 'Classic Mannlicher' and were still designated L M & S models depending on calibre.
    In my view, good though the later actions were, none of the actions on these rifles are anywhere close to the quality of the much earlier Mannlicher-Shoenauer action.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Thanks schultz the code on mine is att making it Dec 1988 ,23 years old.It is in lovely condition and shoots true at a hundred yards

Hi deeango i did have the choice of a shoenauer mod 72 which was the rifle i originally went to see but it needed too much work on it .In fact a complete strip down.I know the earlier shoenauers had the better actions but i was not that impressed with the mod 72 action. High seat

Many years ago......I guess in 1985 or so, I bought my first 'Proper' stalking rifle.
    It was a Mannlicher-Schoenauer Stutzen with Double Set triggers in 6.5x54 MSch. A great rifle, it had been messed about with - but wasn't beyond redemption. It took a good friend and myself some time in the workshop to remove the scope mounts, get rid of them and having found some correct MSch mounts, fit them correctly and put a decent Swarovski scope on the rifle.
    Took a few pennies to do that, they weren't cheap even back then.

Regrettably, I sold the rifle for £500 for what in 1990 I figured would be a better rifle - the newer Model L Stutzen in .243Win. Over the next 20 years, I shot a lot of deer, feral goat and fox with the .243.....however, excellent though the newer rifle was, I still wish I'd never sold the 6.5x54.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Hi deeangeo

A bit off-topic, but I have a M-S Model 1910 in .375NE (9.5x57 I think) which has also been "got at", in the sights department. I have the original parts to re-instate the rear sight, but don't have the original bead front sight. Don't suppose you (or anyone else) has any ideas where I might get one???

Thanks

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Many years ago......I guess in 1985 or so, I bought my first 'Proper' stalking rifle.
    It was a Mannlicher-Schoenauer Stutzen with Double Set triggers in 6.5x54 MSch. A great rifle, it had been messed about with - but wasn't beyond redemption. It took a good friend and myself some time in the workshop to remove the scope mounts, get rid of them and having found some correct MSch mounts, fit them correctly and put a decent Swarovski scope on the rifle.
    Took a few pennies to do that, they weren't cheap even back then.

Regrettably, I sold the rifle for £500 for what in 1990 I figured would be a better rifle - the newer Model L Stutzen in .243Win. Over the next 20 years, I shot a lot of deer, feral goat and fox with the .243.....however, excellent though the newer rifle was, I still wish I'd never sold the 6.5x54.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Measure the dovetail and tell us if goes crossways or in from the front and we might have a few ideas. I have a small selection of dovetailed blades from marbles, Lyman and I believe Williams. Something might match up.

Many thanks, I'll do just that.

Andrew

bits for a mannlicher

Try the German website www.EGun.de I have found bits and bobs there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF9355.jpg