Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dsc2 portfolio charges

Smile dsc2 portfolio charges

hi just wondering how much you witness guys charge to write up the portfolio after three successful stalks,
    having just spent a small fortune on registering for my dsc2 and paying for let days,ill now soon have enough evidence
    for my witness to write up ready to submit,a mate of mine has just been quoted 300 is this the norm
    cheers simon
    merry xmas all

Quote Originally Posted by simon wardle View Post
    hi just wondering how much you witness guys charge to write up the portfolio after three successful stalks,
    having just spent a small fortune on registering for my dsc2 and paying for let days,ill now soon have enough evidence
    for my witness to write up ready to submit,a mate of mine has just been quoted 300 is this the norm
    cheers simon
    merry xmas all
    Hmmmm
    Your AW should write up each stalk after each stalk,some people charge some don't
    Your witness is by the look of it(might be mistaken)holding you to ransom,ie he's kept your portfolio and is now charging you to write it up,just how I read it,might be wrong
    If I'm taking someone out for a stalk for DMQ 2,I fill out the portfolio after the stalk and give it back to the candidate after completion of the stalk
    It is after all the candidates portfolio not the AWs
    Last edited by Wolverine; 18-12-2011 at 19:11.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

From the guys that I know who do this service they all charge differently with some including this service in with the cost of a days stalk. In your case I think I would have been enquiring from my witness before hand just how much he/she intended to charge. Bit late now if the charge is way over what you would wish to pay.

I had a total of 5 different witness's for my 3 ICR's and wasn't charged a penny neither have most people I know doing it.

On my level one course we were advised to avoid anyone charging for doing the paperwork.

The paperwork must be done on the day except in exceptional circumstances and we were advised not to leave the paperwork with the witness as in the passed some people have had there paperwork held to ransom.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    From the guys that I know who do this service they all charge differently with some including this service in with the cost of a days stalk. In your case I think I would have been enquiring from my witness before hand just how much he/she intended to charge. Bit late now if the charge is way over what you would wish to pay.
    +1 on Gazza's comments. Consult your AW. Remember all your efforts in the field are not worth anything, if they are not accurately and correctly written up in the portfolio. Good luck. JCS

Quote Originally Posted by simon wardle View Post
    for my witness to write up ready to submit,a mate of mine has just been quoted 300 wow did his witness have a mask and a horse is this the norm theft 300.00 a day is he sending a limo for him
    cheers simon
    merry xmas all
    Daylight robbery you don't pay for a AW ticket theres no expensive training for it, why the huge price for it inflated by those that are in a hurry to gain another bit of paper gain experience not bits of paper as for the cost of AW mmmmm workable expenses fuel money which wont come to 300.00 ,have you actually looked at what he paid for, was breakfast, dinner and a jump at his wife included in the price .

I think any person who is charging for the AW paper work should be taken off the list. It should be free excepting expenses or if you don't have your own ground or deer to go at then all you should need to know is how much the person is charging for a morning/days stalking. This in my opinion is something the Deer sector should have looked at long ago.

i dont charge for witnessing but i do ask for my fuel costs to be covered if i am traveling to the candidates ground .

but if the candidate is stalking on my ground the relivant fee for the stalking ONLY is discussed well in advance and fully agreed before the agreed time and date .

but if there is a chance of a brew and a bacon butty afterwards , its always gracefully recieved !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

some mate you have there