Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deer locked together

deer locked together

That is one lucky deer.
    I wonder what was going through his mind, with those coyotes snacking on his mate ?

what a *****!!
    WTF was he doing cutting the antler of the LIVE buck! he only did that to save the head for himself and in the process left the live one with a fecking great head injury!

I for one dont belive coyotes would have eaten the dead one and left the live one. they hunt in packs and will bring down a young steer and easily take a debilitated whitetail buck.
    much more likely to be something smaller over a period of time

Yeh seamed a strange situation. TBH I would have killed the second one, it could get infection from the cut to the face/head. This was a very stressfull situation for the animal. I too was a little bemused as to why he cut the wrong antlers!!

Dave

Knowing how animals cope with injuries I'd put good money on that buck being ok in the long run.

quite possibly but it wasnt bleeding when he arrived!
    when faced with a situuation where you are handcuffed to a corpse....you wouldnt cut your own hand off!

I to thaught he would have cut the antler of the dead deer, bit of a no brainer that one

or as bewsher says he's took the other antlers once they've turned the camera off !!

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    when faced with a situuation where you are handcuffed to a corpse....you wouldnt cut your own hand off!
    Totally agree.

Two options for me here, shoot the live one, or at least put the f***i'n camera down & give the other one a helping hand.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

[QU
    OTE=Cougar;297159]Knowing how animals cope with injuries I'd put good money on that buck being ok in the long run.[/QUOTE]

+1 cougar at least it got a chance to survive