Thread: Your Knife Collection

Your Knife Collection

As two new knives are winging in my direction (in fact one has already been received as I mentioned in another thread), I was wondering how many knives you all use in your day to day work/hobby. I have always used a mora clipper for pretty much everything, from gralloching to cutting twine, sharpening hazel etc, but now I have a range of tools at my disposal I can afford to be more choosy. So, do you carry one knife for general purpose cutting and one for stalking, perhaps one specifically for working with wood, or do you have one knife for all purposes?

A post about sharp shiney stuff and no replies yet?

Obviously a bit biased to Mora, but do in fact carry either 860MG or Force more or less daily. Use them for stalking and courses - including the bushcraft side of things.

My dilemma is that I believe in and support what we sell, but also have a fabulous knife in RWL34 made up for me by Dougster. Its a convex grind - which I prefer, but have to balance that against the advice I give to newcomers and lead by example etc.

Also have a F1 - it really only comes out doing bushcraft side with pilots - as the fighter boys are quite smitten with the F1.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

EDC is a belt carry Hunter SAK and a Leatherman Squirt. Regular users include a Mora Force and Clipper. I have a bushcraft clone of a Ray M***s knife but it cost 100 new and 60 to me. Consequently I don't use it!
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

Have a drawer full of them that I've picked up over the years. Kershaw, Gerber, Snowbee, Puma, Buck and a Martini. Some cheap n chearful others more expensive but they all do the job but I tend to use my Buck 110 the most.

Doh!

Forgot my Leatherman Wave - if I'm wearing trousers ( but not around airports - the Wave, not the trousers... ) Its on me.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

I use an Alan wood stalker knife he made it for me years ago first one he made with a white macarta handle over the years has darkend
    now looks like ivory cracking bit of kit
    Save Water Drink Single Malt