Thread: Pheasent feeder for roe not apples

Pheasent feeder for roe not apples

Never mind the apples just keep an eye on the pheasent feeders.
    went round a Shoot this morning and almost every feeder I past had fresh slotts round it now frost has given they rearly show up
    Pity its an hours drive from home and can only get there when keeper says ok
    I will have some high seats looking over the feeders as soon as pheasant shooting stops.

When out stalking the week before last I took one off of the pheasant feeders. The keeper has all sorts of fences to keep them off but the deer tend to outsmart him!!

Dave

Yes experienced similar issues. If there are alot it means that the roe don't spend much time in the open, so stalking is difficult as they spend most of the time couched up as no need to feed. Also compounded by cover crop of beans, impossible to stalk.

d

Quote Originally Posted by devilishdave View Post
    When out stalking the week before last I took one off of the pheasant feeders. The keeper has all sorts of fences to keep them off but the deer tend to outsmart him!!

Dave
    we`re easily out smarted us keepers dave! the hoppers may make stalking difficult but they can make ambushing quite easy (at times!) i have a number of drives where the deer have to travel up hedgerows to get to the hoppers this has made it a lot easier to pin down the movement of beasts and get a few through the larder.
    “There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at.”
    Johnny Cash

Always amazed by the amount of wheat a roe can eat without ill effect,similar would kill a sheep......