Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucked back into the Black-gun Vortex

Sucked back into the Black-gun Vortex

Ah! It has happened. After abandoning military style "black guns" a couple of decades back, I find myself back in the ruckus. I got a smoking good deal on a new DMPS LR-C, AR-10 .308 autoloader. I haven't shot it yet. When i do I'll post some pics. Ugly, functional, but reputably accurate....
    Oh my.~Muir

Called to the dark side!!!

David.

have x2 steyrs ,a cz rimy ,and a browning semi auto s/g all black cant beat the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    have x2 steyrs ,a cz rimy ,and a browning semi auto s/g all black cant beat the dark side
    Norma,
    forgive me if i am wrong in assuming that you do not understand the meaning of "Black Rifles" it really does not have anything to do with colour, that is merely a visual observation of this type of firearm.

Ian.
    Last edited by Whitebeard; 20-12-2011 at 17:42.

Don't you have to be careful about putting it down at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Knottaclu View Post
    Don't you have to be careful about putting it down at night?
    Yeah. I was going to low-jack it to my GPS just in case!

I got even further into the pit today. I was talking about the new rifle with my dealer and mentioned that my partner was wanting one in 6.5 Creedmore with a 24" heavy stainless tube but didn't relish the 8 month wait and the premium price they command. "Really? I got one in the back!" was his reply. It seems that someone ordered it over a year ago and then disappeared. He pulled it out, brand new in it's fitted case, and the deal was struck. Now I have a match model AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmore as well-for a little while, at least.

When it rains it pours. ~Muir

Oh you bad man! looking forward to some pic's.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Yeah. I was going to low-jack it to my GPS just in case!

I got even further into the pit today. I was talking about the new rifle with my dealer and mentioned that my partner was wanting one in 6.5 Creedmore with a 24" heavy stainless tube but didn't relish the 8 month wait and the premium price they command. "Really? I got one in the back!" was his reply. It seems that someone ordered it over a year ago and then disappeared. He pulled it out, brand new in it's fitted case, and the deal was struck. Now I have a match model AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmore as well-for a little while, at least.

When it rains it pours. ~Muir
    Now remember the 6.5 is for Tim, did you spank the younger Lammer on the price? I wondered how long before you mentioned it on here

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Now remember the 6.5 is for Tim, did you spank the younger Lammer on the price? I wondered how long before you mentioned it on here

John
    Now John. When have I ever shown a lack of self control with regards to shooting guns left in my care?? Aren't your guns still unsullied awaiting your return?? Isn't that CZ 452 I bought on spec still sitting unfired in the box after three years? Despite the fact that you swore I'd have it "shot out" after a month? Honestly John! Such gall!! ~Muir

(besides.... I can't afford the price of a decent set of 6.5 Creedmore dies. And oh! I can't find the keys to the damned locks you put on your guns. Do you have it??)

Muir,

have you been drinking the blood of the unholy swine again of all people, shame on you!