Thread: Reloading Digital Scales WANTED

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar

Reloading Digital Scales WANTED

Mine has gone Ti*s up!!

Won't throw same weights from cartridge to cartridge, changed battery, calibrated.........Don't know whats up

If anybody has a Digital set kicking about that they don't use please get in touch.......Running out of .243's

Cheers

TJ

Stu,

Get a set of Lee powder scoops, never need a battery, never need recalibrating and a fraction of the cost

John

Stu,

What make are they?

Sometimes the rhesus diamometer needs re-trogication. This is a very simple process and all you need is some lubricant and a rubberoid hammerlet.

Seriously, has anything changed in the environment in which you use the scales? A big temperature or humidity change, draughts, vibration can all lead to inaccuracy.

Does the calibration work OK?

If you get desperate, I have an RCBS beam scale in very good nick which I am prepared to sell.

All the best,

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    Stu,

Get a set of Lee powder scoops, never need a battery, never need recalibrating and a fraction of the cost

John
    I have the powder scoops, I have never checked against a digital set to confirm the accuracy, always dubious unless I see the "proof", I also have the Lee balance scale, but again, self doubt.

I like the digital due to seeing the reading there in your face..........

Quote Originally Posted by chadaram
    Stu,

What make are they?

Sometimes the rhesus diamometer needs re-trogication. This is a very simple process and all you need is some lubricant and a rubberoid hammerlet.

Seriously, has anything changed in the environment in which you use the scales? A big temperature or humidity change, draughts, vibration can all lead to inaccuracy.

Does the calibration work OK?

If you get desperate, I have an RCBS beam scale in very good nick which I am prepared to sell.

All the best,

Charles
    Nothing has changed, I loaded some .308's last week everything was fine, the calibration works fine, if I calibrate after every load, sorted, I don't know anyone who has that patience.

They are RCBS Scales.

Cheers

TJ

perhaps its the big nut that is causing your problems

Trust the Lee kit, find a dipper that suits your need and use it, don't be so trusting just because it is electric and gives you a nice readout to look at, look at the balance instead. Better yet look at a filled dipper, just use the same method every time, whether you scrape the top, give it a tap or whatever just keep it regular and you will achieve good consistency.

John

Quote Originally Posted by bucksden
    perhaps its the big nut that is causing your problems
    Everyone is a comedien!!

Thank's Gary!!, have a good Crimbo Buddie Where's your Chrimbo Sprit gone

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    Trust the Lee kit, find a dipper that suits your need and use it, don't be so trusting just because it is electric and gives you a nice readout to look at, look at the balance instead. Better yet look at a filled dipper, just use the same method every time, whether you scrape the top, give it a tap or whatever just keep it regular and you will achieve good consistency.

John
    I load H380 for my .243, I use 36gr, Lee kit will give me 36.2gr, I would think that that is irrelevant in the bigger picture, I will have a problem with my .308 though, I load 44gr of v-N140, Nothing comes close, 42.3gr or 46.4gr, I loaded from 42-46gr initially, even 43.5gr was not tight, 44gr and 44.5gr were the tightest and 45 was shotgun groups again.........

Cheers John

Pack the bottom of the one that is too big

John

JayB,
    He'll still need a scales to reguate (pack) the scoops, also powders change so you will always require a means of weighing charges. Personally I favour a beam balance as the electronic scales don't appear very reliable to me? Most of the reloading manufacturers make or sell suitable equipment and most of it very reliable, though I'm not impressed by what I'v seen of the "Lee Safety Scales".