Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Council highways dept and the hedge saga

Council highways dept and the hedge saga

well i dont know if any of you remember the problem we had on the farm with the highways dept telling us we had to cut our hedges, the ones we keep bushy because of the wildlife living in it at the moment, well it turns out that not only could they not read there own land ranger map that they was in fact 2 miles from where they should have been, the hedges they were called in to look at were not even on our land,

oh yes it must have gutted them to have to come back out and let us know they were in the wrong place and on the wrong land

Jim Stains from the highways agency he had a big red face

paul
    I have guns because i love shooting, what i hate is red tape and been screwed by a Dishonest Government.

Love it
    at least they admitted they got it wrong

LOL, Gym Stains...Is that the same as an ass sweat mark?
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I had a similar satisfying moment some years ago with a very officious policeman. For around 5 years I used to keep free range pigs which occasionally strayed onto a nearby road. One Saturday afternoon the aforementioned policeman knocked on my door, mentioned that the pigs were on the road and threatened me in the most bumptious and self important manner with prosecution for allowing livestock to stray onto the highway etc.etc. Once he had finished his speech I was pleased to inform him that I had sold my last pig some 9 months previously and wished him good luck in rounding the strays up. I then closed the door on him.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Once he had finished his speech I was pleased to inform him that I had sold my last pig some 9 months previously and wished him good luck in rounding the strays up. I then closed the door on him.
    I bet that was so pleasing!

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I bet that was so pleasing!
    Well now you come to mention it....I settled down with a bottle of beer to continue watching some jump racing on the telly... safe in the knowledge that HM police whom we all pay for with our taxes, was occupied in some activity in which I had neither desire nor need to participate in

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    LOL, Gym Stains...Is that the same as an ass sweat mark?
    Brilliant humour hhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Don't you just love the superscilious egotistical scrots who under the guise of officialdom have lost all sense of reality and manners. To you the offenders; Before venturing out next time, learn to read a fec*in map