Blue Wren

John Gryphon

A garden resident that gets onto the porch hunting out insects daily,god bless him!
And a fledgling Gold Finch that landed in the garden on its maiden flight.

387bda74.jpg

019495ee.jpg

526cff5a.jpg

And a juvenile Grey Shrike Thrush snapped from my veranda today. A most beautiful whistling species too.I have included the old nest on the left side amongst the bark.

1c5ad65f.jpg

You know fellas that the Surperb Fairy Wrens are here all year round,I never tire of seeing them on the veranda,in the garden,vegie garden anywhere there is an insect meal to be found.They approach quite close at times if one is sitting still with immunity,however such a fast living bird flits almost constantly and getting pics is full of *&^%$ times haha. There are from mem 9 species,one is entirely blue in plumage when breeding! The Splendid Fairy-wren is one.

Its no good am going to have to pack my rifle and Camera, I would be like a pig in sh+t Make up the hammock John I am on my way:drool::D:D:D:D

I missed my black cocky pics yesterday arvo...camera in house cocky in tree,now they are a real favourite of mine.
The hammock is strung up.

Of all the wonderful pictures you have shared with us of the amazingly diverse wildlife these little wrens have captured me. In a similar way whilst working in NZ their robins weren't the most colourful but had a real character.

Back