Thread: Christmas Muppet Phone Call...

Christmas Muppet Phone Call...

Had a guy on the phone this evening wanting (not even enquiring) to buy my rifle - guntrader.co.uk - Anschutz .22 LR 64MPR Bolt Action Second Hand Rifle

My response went along the lines of "So, you want to come down from Leeds, to buy my rifle, as a present, for your Dad, with just your driving licence and on the premise that he's in the Army....NOOOOO, think you need a different type of licence mate!!"

To be honest I was half thinking that it was either a wind up, or a criminal just trying to get hold of any firearm possible - unfortunately his phone number was withheld...

That'll teach me to advertise a rifle the week before Christmas!!
    Last edited by Oly; 21-12-2011 at 00:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    Had a guy on the phone this evening wanting (not even enquiring) to buy my rifle - guntrader.co.uk - Anschutz .22 LR 64MPR Bolt Action Second Hand Rifle

My response went along the lines of "So, you want to come down from Leeds, to buy my rifle, as a present, for your Dad, with just your driving licence and on the premise that he's in the Army....NOOOOO, think you need a different type of licence mate!!"

To be honest I was half thinking that it was either a wind up, or a criminal just trying to get hold of any firearm possible - unfortunately his phone number was withheld...

That'll teach me to advertise a rifle the week before Christmas!!
    Unless of course he thought it was a .22 air rifle? surely they are not that stupid, no dont answer that, sounds dodgy mate

He's from Leeds, gotta be dodgy..........
    Seriously, defo sounds suspect.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    It's a good job you posted that link.... or the good folk of the SD wouldn't even know you had a rifle for sale
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    It's a good job you posted that link.... or the good folk of the SD wouldn't even know you had a rifle for sale
    Except for this : http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...tz-.22lr-64MPR

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    It looks a very nice rifle and a good price too, I'd be tempted if I had a spare slot.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox