Thread: Transportaion od dog from Europe to UK/Scotland

Transportaion od dog from Europe to UK/Scotland

Hi guys
    I am going through the motions of getting a dog (HWV) from an owner in France.
    Have any of the SD members got dogs from breeders abroad and got them transported home by air.
    Company names that perform this service would be appreciated.

Regards

DavieH

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieH View Post
    Hi guys
    Have any of the SD members got dogs from breeders abroad and got them transported home by air.

Regards

DavieH
    Sorry Davie, I can't really help but I wonder... when you say HWV Dog... do you mean DOG, as in male, or might you be getting a bitch?

I only ask because I reckon that in about 2 or 3 years time I will be looking for a pup and the only two breeds of large gundog I'm thinking of getting at that time would be either a GWP or an HWV. So, if you get a bitch and think you might ever breed from her I'd be interested to know more.

Btw, How are you getting along with sourcing your reloading supplies, from our now mutual friend?

Atb~Tom

Quote Originally Posted by DavieH View Post
    Hi guys

Regards

DavieH
    Suggest you look at the DEFRA website. You find all the information there including a help telephone number for the latest changes/updates.

I have imported a number of dogs from the continent but always by sea as I regard the transport by plane as too risky but the DEFRA website gives details of airlines if you insist you want to use transport by air.

You need to arrange for the correct papers, explained on the DEFRA site before transport otherwise you pay a bomb for quarantaine.
    Last edited by barongcw; 21-12-2011 at 16:17.

Try PAR services they are excellent. 01206330332

I brought a teckel back from Sweden by air.. from jagare actually in fact after sending him a working cocker. No big deal just book them air freight and make sure the box is suitable.

Though if you want to keep your costs down I would drive over to france to collect.

The new import regs come into force jan 1st I think, so you don't need to have wormed just a pets passport. As advised above read the defra notes.