Thread: Brora260

Brora260

Hi, I live in Central Scotland and have stalked for 50+years some 20 of that as a part time professional, I am a 6.5 calibre man and in the last 30 years have built 16 rifles for myself in that calibre with various boiler rooms behind them the latest being my 3rd. 260 Rem., I have also at times used other calibres, 308, 243,270, 30-06,7x57 and a number of .22 centre fires including a current .223. I have been a reloader for approaching 35 years.
    I enjoy Roe stalking most of all but have stalked and taken a lot of deer of the other species except Muntjac or CWD. I am a firm believer in the use of dogs for the sometimes neccessary job of following up a shot beast and use a Labrador, I honestly do not have much time for the imported breeds and have only ever seen one GWP that came anywhere near the trade description for its type, my opinion dont need any grief about it, tastes vary as much in dogs as in rifles and calibres.
    I sit and read a lot of the publications on shooting in general and stalking in particular and find it amusing the must haves and general gadgetry that the "experts" keep reccomending and think what the hell happened to Fieldcraft and shooting skills, I wont even start on DMQ,s, I know too many of the instant experts who have passed level 2 and became AW,s and remember teaching them to to do the bloody job.
    Anyway finished my introduction, climbed down from my soap box and looking forward to enjoying the Stalking Directory, straight powder and may your bullets always fly true.

I bet you are one of the people who say hes off stalking and picks up rifle a few rounds binos etc (dog) and is gone no messing.
    My sort of guy.
    welcome to the site.
    yes there are a lot of "experts" around who thake forever to get their gear ready then tell you they shoot things at 400yds.
    Unfortunitaly for many they have not been brought up Shooting so I am afraid DMQ,s are a fact of life now but they will never replace being taught at the hands of elders and learning by experiance.

Now as roedeered says,I'm going to enjoy your posts me thinks
    Welcome and enjoy

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Welcome to you,and by your name I guess you come from Brora,I had a great holiday up there a few years back,absolutely fantastic countryside,we stayed here............

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    Welcome to you,and by your name I guess you come from Brora,I had a great holiday up there a few years back,absolutely fantastic countryside,we stayed here............

Martin
    Fish on the Brora twice a year, for last 20 years. Spring and July. Best salmon fishing I have.

Welcome to the site, Brora is just up the road fro me a bit,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses