Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Trousers

New Trousers

Anyone have a recommendation for some decent stalking trousers?
    atb steve

Hi Steve, depends on your budget really. Personally I don't think you can go far wrong with a pair of Deerhunter RAM trousers. They are not overly expensive and do the job. Plus the high back keeps you warm if you are doing any high seat work. I see they are on offer at Bushwear at the moment - 79.99. If your budget allows I would probably go for a pair of Harkila Pro Hunter.

All the best

M

Hi Steve, i recommenend harkila pro hunters there bloody good ! Had mine over 2 years now only washed once by mistake by the wife, i have used them for beating,stalking,high seat work etc i have even fell through a barbed wire fence pigeon shooting last year thought oh f!$ck i ripped them and not even a mark although i did cut my thighs! they are warm and waterproof as well, keep a look out on ebay etc i got mine for 100 pounds well worth the money, oh yeah and blood just dries out and you can brush it of there really good!

+1 for pro hunter . Great trousers

i have some harkila full leather cracking trousers ,also seeland beater trousers have served me well

I've tried lots of trousers and most only lasted a few days to a few weeks. However, of late I've been wearing some Harkila and despite them feeling very light and the rather odd cammo pattern they have done very well for me. To be honest I can't remember how long I've had them but estimate they have lasted about 2 seasons though they are coming to the end of their life now I think.

Harkila seem to treat hunting clothing as a fashion item and so their range seems to change every year. While this might seem like a bit of a pain it does mean that you can get "last year's model" at a considerable saving and this is the route I would take.

For reference the ones I'm wearing are the following, the cammo pattern is a bit odd but I think it actually works well under most circumstances as I think many people go too dark in their cammo. They are very light weight and silent and have handy loops in the leg pocket for ammo and I'm going to order another pair before stocks are exhausted. Being lightweigh they are not excessively warm which allows me to wear them in a wide range of conditions with layers underneath in the cold:

http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...rush-Trousers/

cannot go wrong with deerhnter ram trousers have a couple of pairs

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I've tried lots of trousers and most only lasted a few days to a few weeks. However, of late I've been wearing some Harkila and despite them feeling very light and the rather odd cammo pattern they have done very well for me. To be honest I can't remember how long I've had them but estimate they have lasted about 2 seasons though they are coming to the end of their life now I think.

Harkila seem to treat hunting clothing as a fashion item and so their range seems to change every year. While this might seem like a bit of a pain it does mean that you can get "last year's model" at a considerable saving and this is the route I would take.

For reference the ones I'm wearing are the following, the cammo pattern is a bit odd but I think it actually works well under most circumstances as I think many people go too dark in their cammo. They are very light weight and silent and have handy loops in the leg pocket for ammo and I'm going to order another pair before stocks are exhausted. Being lightweigh they are not excessively warm which allows me to wear them in a wide range of conditions with layers underneath in the cold:

http://www.swillingtonshootingsuppli...rush-Trousers/
    I've just recieved a pair of these, as Kammo, whose gear I have worn hitherto seem to be incommunicado at the moment for reasons that are not altogether clear.

I've not worn them yet, and on inspection the outer material does not feel as tough as the Kammo stuff: so I'm encouraged by your report of their durability.

Another vote for Harkila Pro Hunters had mine for 2 years now brilliant, everything just brushes off them, and they have a high back which keeps you very warm. So impressed I bought Harkila hikers (lighter waxed version) great for summer walking and shooting in more clement weather.

Harkila Pro-Hunter trousers are the best. They are so so strong and don't rip and waterproof etc. Got two pairs one off and one on!

Montrose Gun and Tackle were the cheapest when I was looking for a second pair.