Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CWD Scores

CWD Scores

Hi all, and a Merry Xmas to all!!! I had a phone call today from Richard Prior who was measuring the teeth from my CWD that I took a couple of weeks ago with Ian and Jo F. The score is 258!!!!!!! He told me that this is as big as he has seen. Now whilst not trophy hunting this has got me grinning from ear to ear but I cannot find any point of reference for scores for CWD other than 210 being gold. What scores do you all know of?

Oh and a great big THANKS again to Ian

The current CIC UK record for CWD stands at 262 points for a trophy from Buckinghamshire from 2004.

SD Regular
    Wow, love to see a photo of that. Many congratulations.

I shall try and refrain from any Richard Prior jokes......DOH!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Cheers Eric. Please check out articles for piccies

Hebridean, where did you find that please?

Hebridean,

Any idea if that score was based on the old measurement criteria? That would make a big difference

From the current edition of the CIC Record of United Kingdom Trophies ( Edition 6 Jan 2011) which lists 152 gold medals, for the species, but does not include those judged this year. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Hebridean View Post
    From the current edition of the CIC Record of United Kingdom Trophies ( Edition 6 Jan 2011) which lists 152 gold medals, for the species, but does not include those judged this year. Hope this helps
    Is that publication available on line or just hard copy?

Roy
    I would go and get it re- measured
    As another judge may score it higher, 4 points is not a lot when you are talking that high in the scale
    For reference a guy I know regularly shoots CWD that consistently would make approx 240+ points
    If you pm cwd222 he has a bag full that range from 230+
    But it sure is a good score
    Congrats mate on it

shooting times publish a list every year this maybe on line , CIC dont recignise any measured by BASC so bigger ones may be out there

Paul k, the record of united kingdom trophies is not currently available on line. If however you need to access any of it's detail please, pm me and I will answer any questions you have. The UK Commission is looking at options to publish the full record. As in past seasons the species reviews will be published in Shooting Times in the New Year