Thread: Putting A Price On Sporting Rights

Putting A Price On Sporting Rights

Just out of interest how much would you pay for sporting rights per acre - Deer, pheasants and ducks are all available ?

Best regards

Wayne

first you would need to see a gamebook to have some idea of what to expect , are you putting birds down ? what sort of percentage/returns can you expect , are there any game crops ? whos planting them ? will you need to pay for loss of arible crops of that acreage ? More info needed wayne

I will try and clear up a few things but its just what a mate asked me. There won't be any pheasants being put down from what I can gather the main part is the deer stalking but there are some pheasants about and a few flight ponds that could be fed for wild duck.

10 - 15 an acre , a boxed deer for the owner at xmas another between the farm workers and offer the owner a duck flight or 2 , keeps them sweet

Assuming that this is basically stalking with a few small additional benefits then I'd say you need to see how many deer are being shot off the ground in previous years. In the end the number of acres doesn't matter much if there are only 2 deer on it, or if it only holds nocturnal sika. I've seen people discuss figures in the region of up to 100 per deer based on the expected cull but you would also want to be sure that the previous records didn't relate to, for example, night shooting using a lamp or some other way to inflate the cull of otherwise unproductive ground.

Are you talking about renting sporting rights, or buying them? There's a big difference...

And, "Sporting Rights" does not equal to Game AND Deer, necessarily.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    10 - 15 an acre , a boxed deer for the owner at xmas another between the farm workers and offer the owner a duck flight or 2 , keeps them sweet

I would think they would be happy. You can get excellent sporting rights to rent at 6 pounds per acre
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.