Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Squeezing a Stalk In On Xmas Eve?

Anyone Else Squeezing a Stalk In On Xmas Eve?

I am so well organised this year (or my wife is) I told her tonight I would take our 2 boys out tomorrow afternoon for a sika hind (or 2).

I even spent last night making over 40lbs of venison and pork sausages with my mate from a hind I had hanging in the chill for 12 days. Gave a haunch away for a friends Xmas dinner and kept the saddle back for me.

Anyone else planning on a day out before the festivities begin and if so for what.

The thought has been circulating in the grey matter for the last couple of days. I think in reality I would be the only thing likely to end up gralloched if i snuck off, i am not so well orgnised and having to work till midday christmas eve .

No but Im going on boxing day, Comming back mid week Happy Days Have a good day tomorow

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    No but Im going on boxing day, Comming back mid week Happy Days Have a good day tomorow
    Cheers, I will.

Boxing day was on the cards but now going to the local Melrose/Galashiels rugby clash. Good rivalry between the teams, and both my lads play for the Melrose Hornets who ball-boy.

Can miss the stalking for one day...

There is a distinct possibility that I will get out tomorrow PM. Won't go if it is wet though...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

yes just waiting for a lient to arrive now, but he never rang last night for time, he's a local chap who's been before so think he will just turn up?
    hope so, don't want to be stood up today.

well been stood up, not happy.
    so am going out to have a look as i'm up.
    he will be getting a bill.

Waiting for it to be light enough have some roe in my sights, my son is on the fallow, lock and load

no i really wanted to go but i have been doing a bit lately ,i had a miss on a roe doe thurs eve ...pulled the shot ,rushed it .so after a couple of days of beating myself up a stalk would have been good medicine .but alas birds to feed in a bit a few jobs to do round the shoot and [rugby] northampton V bath this afternoon HAPPY XMAS ,GOOD HUNTING ,KEEP SAFE ,
    regards
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    well been stood up, not happy.
    so am going out to have a look as i'm up.
    he will be getting a bill.
    Sorry to here that John, some people just have no manners they should appreciate time is precious this time of year especially.
    Will they get another chance?