Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vixen calling

Vixen calling

Heard a vixen calling last night, seems pretty early but wondering if anyone else has been hearing much?

Unforunately it has been very wet here in Fife and spotlighting opportunities using a vehicle have been limited but early morning and late afternoon outings have proven effective if not quite as "sociable".

Regards

BP

Quote Originally Posted by Ben P View Post
    Heard a vixen calling last night, seems pretty early but wondering if anyone else has been hearing much?

Unforunately it has been very wet here in Fife and spotlighting opportunities using a vehicle have been limited but early morning and late afternoon outings have proven effective if not quite as "sociable".

Regards

BP
    Was out last night and heard a vixen calling, down here in the west country.

I don't hear many calling around here any more. I wonder why that might be...?

Not that early, would expect to hear them in the next week or so.

dug a pair weeks ago , their still at it round here

We have had them calling for about a month with us, also a pair together a couple of weeks ago and had the vixen sadly not the dog. It does seem early as we shot a vixen who seamed very well on and her belly was very large already.

Jonathon

About six weeks calling round here, this am @ 4.00 woken by a Vixen down in the meadows, this is the second time in a week for her!, just a shame the area is a little too nimbyfied for laying a rifle over the balcony rail!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Shot two vixens last tuesday that were well in cub, you could feel them inside her.
    Tikkat3

A lad dropped me an email yesterday, said he had called a big dog in from over 300 yards with the Vixen call on his Foxpro. Dropped it at 100 yards or so once he managed to stop it!!!!

They have been calling sporadically here in Devon for at least 6 weeks but recently it's gone very quiet. You would expect them to be in full cry for another couple of weeks.
    Having vixens well in cub already seems pretty early. The weather conditions this past few months certainly have affected many things in the countryside.