Thermal Turkey...

Trust me - I'd be out there if I didn't think that 'phoning any of 'my' farmers on Xmas Day might be considered a little intrusive...

Besides - I've been working on making the thermal more useable/portable. I've now mounted a 7" DVD monitor on the back in place of the original viewing device (a sort of box with an internal screen that you looked into via an eyepiece), and the space that it previously occupied has now been taken up by the spare fuel pump battery which I nicked from my Harley hillclimber. I've also made up a couple of small leads to connect the monitor and thermal to the new power supply. Basically, all the above means that I can now move the whole device in one go - bearing in mind that it probably weighs 10kg all-up, without falling over various power leads and external batteries. I can also stand back and view everything its seeing without having to peer down the small eyepiece. The fact that there's a degree of light back-scatter from the monitor is irrelevant, as the thermal makes so much noise that it's strictly a long-range observation system. If I want close-up action, I just switch to the mini-thermal that hangs around my neck. :)

My missus said the hardly rideably is a bit clean and I said well it's a harldy, they look pretty, thats all you use them for. :D

That is easily the most brutal bike I've ever ridden. It does 3mpg, and I can lift it off the ground on my own. It makes my Fireblade seem like it's going the other way...;)

So do you take it hill climbing? I have watched the videos of the blokes in the states going straight up the vertical. Never ridden a blade, my legs are too long, but have raced them on the backroads (on the track) loads of fun. REminds me I need a new battery.

So do you take it hill climbing? I have watched the videos of the blokes in the states going straight up the vertical. Never ridden a blade, my legs are too long, but have raced them on the backroads (on the track) loads of fun. REminds me I need a new battery.

English hillclimbing is totally unrelated to the US version. Over here we use tarmac roads, typically up to a mile long. It's a bit like uphill drag racing with a few hairpin bends thrown in. If you'd like to know more about the bike, check my website out: http://people.exeter.ac.uk/pbhook/harley.htm

Ah I know the sort of thing. I have seen the cars doing that. I'm surprised you have time to have a dump with the million and one things you seem to be up to. Welbro Engineering rings a bell. Did he advertise in BSH and the like?

Alan - one of the two brothers who ran Welbro did build a couple of bikes that were in BSH, but before he could do any more, he sadly collapsed and died at his welding bench from a congential heart condition. He is very sadly missed - he was a great guy, a close friend, and an incredibly skilled craftsman. May he RIP...:(:(

Do you remember seeing my CBX streetfighter in BSH? It would have been in the summer of 1985, and completely unmistakeable as it had a helicopter hovvering over it!

Losing a close mate is a bummer big time. Been there done that. :cry:.
Don't remember the CBX as I drunk loads since then. :D and there was a certain element of looking the girlies draped over the bikes.
I've always kept my bikes standard........ish as a bit of a tightwad and I rode them all year round and chops with nice paint didn't seem to last very well and they were my only mode of transport for a number of years. Although my missus bike is on its 3rd or 4th incarnation. An old tr1 that looks like a cruiser now. looks quite neat.

Thats ok mate, I understand blokes who are in touch with their feminine side. :D
H and D and bike1.jpg
To be fair I took this on a trip to Caernarfon a few of us did this year. Um, that's herself on the bike not me.:D

i see your a real biker, not a power ranger do you do any of the big rallys ie bulldog or rock and blues

Nawww, they are full of big scary unwashed types. On no, thats all bike rallies cept the owners clubs. I mainly did the smaller ones. Easier to find my tent after getting pished. I actually organised a few over the years and did security at others over the years.
Now I only do one or two rallies a year as I generally get bored before I get drunk. Prefer to go off on the bike for the weekend. Hence a ride up to Wales with a few mates.
Thinking of a long weekend down to the lizard next year. Or somewhere similar.

Back