Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 103 foxes this year from Xmas to Xmas

103 foxes this year from Xmas to Xmas

Up at a place where the farmer has recently lost a cockerel to a fox .As we walked away from the buildings it stank of a vixen in heat ,it was everywhere even to a human nose so a dog fox must have little difficulty in finding them .Through one field that was empty and into a wide open area that borders another farm where the control is very intense im told .Nothing to lose so had a squeak and wasnt long before a pair of eyes came running along the hedge down the blue filter ,the easiest to see i find .I was lead prone as soon as i saw it as i had with me a mate and the landowner and missing wasnt an option here .A few small squeaks had charlie under 100 yds so let it have a 100 grainer in the neck to which it fell dead.never got up as the lamper spotted another coming down the field and about 150 yds away .It stopped at a fair range still but a bit of coaxing had him in to about to 60 and number two was in the bag all within 10 minutes of setting out .Walked the whole farm but saw only deer and rabbits .Thats number 102 and 103 for those following

A vixen first well in heat and predictably a dog second .

Well done! My year-end is Dec 31st - my Good Lady has to go in for an 'op' this week though, so I doubt I'll have a chance to add many more...

Martin has taught you well Foxdropper!!
    Great results.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

167 off 2 and half thou acres devon dorset somerset night vision taking it in turns new years day to xmas hoping to make it 170 for the year well done tho chap i had a phone call from farmer last week he had lost 3 lambs went down drove car in the yard saw a piar of eyes checked with the archer yup locked and loaded thump 1 down quick squeek 2nd chrarlie came in let fly at 60 yrds 2506 120 grain messy but job done dropped in bottle of port very happy farmer merry xmas all

well done.
    i usually shoot 110-130 (70 a year off my shoot) a year + clients take upto another 80.
    so i know how much time you are spending in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by devonfoxer View Post
    167 off 2 and half thou acres devon dorset somerset night vision taking it in turns new years day to xmas hoping to make it 170 for the year well done tho chap i had a phone call from farmer last week he had lost 3 lambs went down drove car in the yard saw a piar of eyes checked with the archer yup locked and loaded thump 1 down quick squeek 2nd chrarlie came in let fly at 60 yrds 2506 120 grain messy but job done dropped in bottle of port very happy farmer merry xmas all
    That's good going - is that on your own, or with others?

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Great results.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Great results.
    As you know mate ,Martin is a sound chap and im sure if you asked him he would put you straight on a few things ,like shooting straight for a starters,lol. Only messin' .Had a few off his ground to booster the tally but most off my own permission .

Quote Originally Posted by devonfoxer View Post
    Proper job mate .I dint really go out my way to do the numbers but next year i may .
    2005 was a bumper year on an organic chicken farm that sadly has now been disbanded but i had 272 off this place with 287 in all that year .Not all shot mind ,some dug and a few snared but still respectable tally .The deer tally this year stands at 148 with a mixture of mostly roe ,a few fallow ,munties and a couple of sika.