Shooting Deer on Xmas Day

W16OEN

Can one shoot deer in England on Xmas day? I am aware that Game are protected under the Game Act which makes it an offence to take, injure or kill game species on the 25th but deer are not game - are they protected under another act?
Thanks

[h=3]Sunday and Christmas Day Shooting[/h][h=4]England and Wales[/h]Game for the purposes of this section means pheasant, partridge, red grouse, black grouse and hare.
No game may be killed or taken in any county on Sunday or Christmas Day.
Before the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 orders prohibiting the shooting of wildfowl on Sundays were made under sections 2 and 13 of the Protection of Birds Act 1954. Those still in existence are in the following counties (or parts of counties in existence before the 1974 local authority re-organisation):

I don't understand the obsession with the minutiae of the law some guys on here display. The never ending drivel about minimum calibre requirements and petty arguments reference bore and land diameters are a prime example.

Are there not enough days already in the deer seasons, that you could not give it a break on Christmas day?

I assume there must be equivalent bores in golf and rugby clubs who endlessly drone on about the rules of those games.

Get a fecking grip.

I don't understand the obsession with the minutiae of the law some guys on here display. The never ending drivel about minimum calibre requirements and petty arguments reference bore and land diameters are a prime example.
Ouch!

But thanks for defining the word "Twonk" for me, I've always struggled with that one. ;)
ps. I joined a golf club once, but it just broke again in the same place... :doh:

i don't understand the obsession with the minutiae of the law some guys on here display. The never ending drivel about minimum calibre requirements and petty arguments reference bore and land diameters are a prime example. Are there not enough days already in the deer seasons, that you could not give it a break on christmas day? I assume there must be equivalent bores in golf and rugby clubs who endlessly drone on about the rules of those games. Get a fecking grip.
keyboard worriors

Xmas Day...hearty breakfast, large Turkey dinner....asleep for the rest of the day.
I couldn't move out the chair even if I wanted to :eek:

Anyhow I have never felt the urge as Xmas Day is a special day for everyone.

:british:

Xmas Day...hearty breakfast, large Turkey dinner....asleep for the rest of the day.
I couldn't move out the chair even if I wanted to :eek:

Anyhow I have never felt the urge as Xmas Day is a special day for everyone.

:british:
+1

Are there not enough days already in the deer seasons, that you could not give it a break on Christmas day?

I assume there must be equivalent bores in golf and rugby clubs who endlessly drone on about the rules of those games.

Get a fecking grip.

:thumb:

Surely we can all afford a day off!

Also,best day of the year to go poaching :evil:

not religious ,rubbish on tele, eat roast dinners every week,see family most days/weeks, got enough socks/pants /slippers etc, my own boss most of year ........ why is this day so special ? :confused:

not religious ,rubbish on tele, eat roast dinners every week,see family most days/weeks, got enough socks/pants /slippers etc, my own boss most of year ........ why is this day so special ? :confused:

Cos it's Christmas , if its not special to you you should take into account what it means to overs .
i think it'd be morally wrong to hunt on Christmas Day . Just my opionion

Every year I get nine deer scrabbling around on my ridge tiles and one of them has a gross malformation on it's nose.
What calibre should I use and will it taste of carrots and mince pie's?

Back