a bad year

widows son

Just as the heading says it has been a crap year for me and my springer spanials ,just put another one down this morning gone the the happy hunting ground thats the forth one this year the mother , two sisters and a brother a poor show just jars me right off ,I'd have no problem putting people down but dogs really gets me where it hurts ,the memories i'll still have along with the photographs and the laughs.

But alas life goes on, back from the Vet, the other three spaniels out the kennels and off for a good walk, you could see the other dogs looking for the big dog at there side to no avail.

Just a bummer .

Sorry to here your bad news. I no how you feel I had one of mine put down thursday it dose not get any easier. All the best for the new year coming mate

Feel for you mate... why so many in one year? Can't all have C surely? What sort of age we talking?
Understand if you don't want too discuss for a day or two.

I have a sprocker pup who has been run over by quad, jumped out back of tractor cab and duffed up by a ram all before 4 months of age! I reckon he'll be good dog by next season, hybrid vigour fuelled.
Sorry about your loss, you have good uns and not so good uns but you never get two the same.

There ages the mother 17 just, old age the two sisters 13.5 one with a cancer the other a mammary tumour , and him 13.5 vestibular disease had a 4 attacks this last one was enough his back end lost all connection to the brain he was running about like a nut case yesterday but this one was no fun to see .

The vet couldn't understand how the one with the mammary tumour lasted as long as she did ,it was only when i put here sister down she just gave in within a few days, i breed them so they've been with me everyday since they were born except when i was in the hospital myself with cancer.

Its a real gut rencher I feel for you
my last one had bone cancer in the skull dispite her pain she did not give up the vet xrayed her and took the discesion not to wake her up.she was a fantastic worker thankfully her grand daughter is laid in the satee now resting ready for thursday out.

Sorry about your loss, like you say the most painfull thing can be watching the other dogs looking out for there mate.
Hope you have a much better 2012.

Those are some good ages, which show you chose well on your lines
Letting a good dog and member of the clan go is the easiest part of the deal
But you still hav the memories , both good and bad to put a grin on the ole muzzy when ever you think about them
So sorry for your loss from one spaniel man to another

WS sorry to hear of your bad fortune it's never easy they ask for so little yet give so much. To loose so many in a year is hard. There memories live on as you will know. Brian

Im sorry for your loss , it brought a tear to my eye as my springer is my best mate , i couldnt imagine what i would do without him.

Sorry for the loss mate ,Ive got a lurcher that has a mammary tumor and dosnt appear bothered by it .Vet wanted to remove it but from experience that would be the end of her.Shes 17 yrs old now mind and has had it for 4 years now .I guess they are not all malignent though .Her mother had the same and was sadly pts at 10 yrs old after vet removed tumour she went down hill rapid .Focus on those left mate and keep chin up .

Rob sorry to hear of your loss, I know when I put my old ESS bitch in the ground it hurt more than some people I had lost. As said they were a good age so you had looked after them well. I had a bad run of luck a couple of years ago lost my dog, nearly lost the wife to tumour, lost the fathering law and my job, bit of sh1t one that, but things are better now, so all the best with new coming year to yourself.

Tahr

sorry to hear about your dogs,do they go through lots of braken as i have heard of lots of dogs with cancer that seem to be linked to spores from cancer, worst one i had was after i lost my father his lab then went three years later folowed by my border:cry:

Hell, they all died of old age WS. any work dog living past 12 is a pensioner on borrowed time in my experience.
Hard losing old friends but a new generation is where its at!

been there myself this year got my terrier off 13 half years put down, he was getting blind and deaf and when he stopped eating i knew it was time for him .was with me at rabbits,pigeons,crows,and helped me find deer , he is irreplaceable

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear about that, my old lab is nearing the end of her days and I know from experience that it will hit me really hard when she goes.

Back