Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can any one recamend

Can any one recamend

Can any one recamend a good rifle smith in essex for me please as I have just found some pitting on the crown of my rifle. Yes my fault left the mod on

SD Regular
    DOH! - I take it you're not happy with the usual suspects then?

Not much of a Christmas present, D - Txt inbound....

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    DOH! - I take it you're not happy with the usual suspects then?Not much of a Christmas present, D - Txt inbound....E t R
    Just would like to here who's out there and what they recon to them u know what I'm like with my guns not to many people get to work on them

I have tried the usual suspects around the Chelmsford area, do your self a big favour and stay away from them.
    I would take a chance on the Rodding Armoury though, both brothers are at least engineers and have a decent lather
    which they seem to know how to use. To be honest the last rifles I had threaded and re-crowned I took to Mike Norris, and
    I will be making a return trip to get another one done in a couple of months, one I paid Leech good money to cut, thread and re=proof

Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 28-12-2011 at 17:50. Reason: spelling, again

have a word with pierred off here,top bloke,him and gavin from ANGLO CUSTOM RIFLES
    done mine for me top job too..................

+1 for Gavin at Anglo. Only 20 mins across the Dartford Bridge
    Atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    Can any one recamend a good rifle smith in essex for me please as I have just found some pitting on the crown of my rifle. Yes my fault left the mod on
    Can you put up a pic please crouch?
    I have two very minor pits on the crown of one of my rifles and I'm sure that this is due to the same thing. I only noticed it after I had owned it for a while and have kept the mod(T8) separate ever since. It doesn't seem to affect accuracy at the moment but I wouldn't want it to get any worse. BTW is it a stainless barrell? They seem to be worse affected by this, wierdly enough. Some of my friends alweays leave mods on with no apparent effects.

You take care of your rifle so well,not.Get a coarse rasp and just file it of job done

Quote Originally Posted by devonoak View Post
    Can you put up a pic please crouch?
    I have two very minor pits on the crown of one of my rifles and I'm sure that this is due to the same thing. I only noticed it after I had owned it for a while and have kept the mod(T8) separate ever since. It doesn't seem to affect accuracy at the moment but I wouldn't want it to get any worse. BTW is it a stainless barrell? They seem to be worse affected by this, wierdly enough. Some of my friends alweays leave mods on with no apparent effects.
    Sorry I have tried to take a pic but just comes out blurry Its only a small pit but it goes into the barrell. The barrell is not stainless the gun is a steyr pro hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by rh120 View Post
    You take care of your rifle so well,not.Get a coarse rasp and just file it of job done
    If you dont have any thing usefull to say dont say it at all. You dont know me and you definately dont know how I look after my rifles. And as for takeing a rasp to a gun