Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fair price

fair price

a mate of mine went to melton mowbray market in leicestershire a couple of weeks ago where a munty fetched over £100 i ask £35 for a roe doe and £40 for a buck is that about the going rate our should i be asking more.

I would love to know who the trader was I know most of the ones selling meat. As for the price you can buy venison from £2.20 kg up to £3.00 kg.If the trader is buying it from a game dealers then he is going to put a margin on top. But a ton for a munty is well greedy. But if he can sell it good luck.

think a restaurateur bought it by auction in the fur feather action.

I suppose its quite legal to sell venison in the skin at auction
    never thought of it before there is a small auction every monday not far away may be able to make a quid or two extra or would it be asking for trouble.

foriegn restaronte defo have seen them buying usely £22 per deer

melton market prices always go mad when people are off work,they were paying £4.50 for a rabbit at half term

Quote Originally Posted by supersport View Post
    a mate of mine went to melton mowbray market in leicestershire a couple of weeks ago where a munty fetched over £100 i ask £35 for a roe doe and £40 for a buck is that about the going rate our should i be asking more.
    Do you shoot Roe in Leicestershire. I live in the county but have never seen Roe.

I always get at least £6.00 per lb on muntjac haunches as loads of people have never tried it and want to and most of them request more if its available .

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Do you shoot Roe in Leicestershire. I live in the county but have never seen Roe.
    i have seen um in the county around the shepshed area

Quote Originally Posted by Monument veiw View Post
    I always get at least £6.00 per lb on muntjac haunches as loads of people have never tried it and want to and most of them request more if its available .
    Thats sounds like an end user price. It sounds great but there lots of hoops to jump through and costs to bear before you can get those prices. Or I am doing something wrong.