Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highland game (dundee)

Highland game (dundee)

Hi guys, Was speaking to david at highland game and he says there paying 2.50 per kg fully cleaned and head and feet of. Is this reasonable price and just wondering do they have to be tagged, he never says. Going to be my first time supplying so want to get it right. Thanks FS.

twill be interesting if they will accept non tagged no reputable dealer should as it gives poachers an open invite. last time I was in Scotland every deer I shot had my Hunter number on it even though it was my mates estate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifestalker25 View Post
    Hi guys, Was speaking to david at highland game and he says there paying 2.50 per kg fully cleaned and head and feet of. Is this reasonable price and just wondering do they have to be tagged, he never says. Going to be my first time supplying so want to get it right. Thanks FS.
    I was under the impression that it was illegal to sell to a game delaer without a declaration tag.

All carcasses to be tagged after you register your details with them ie hunter number etc, you get paid the end of the next month ie. one goes in on any day in dec and you get paid by BACS end of Jan. The 2.50 is the current rate for red, there is a sliding scale for roe depending on the weight of the animal

Thanks. How do you go about getting your hunter number. Supprised they never said in the email. Thanks for replys guys.

Its the number you get after you pass your DSC 1 (Trained Hunter).

Tagging is not compulsory YET.

Dealers can still take untagged animals. There are certain details they are obliged to obtain though.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Vickers Game in Perth normally pay a better price than Highland Game 2.80 a KG [Roe] the last lot I took in, they pay quicker as well.

Roe has always been at a premium price.

I remember getting 30p/lb from Highland Venison for Reds and Roe was at 1/lb.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    Vickers Game in Perth normally pay a better price than Highland Game 2.80 a KG [Roe] the last lot I took in, they pay quicker as well.
    Bogtrotter where abouts is Vickers game mate. I only know rick bestwick down the shore.

Cam.