Highland game (dundee)

Fifestalker25

Hi guys, Was speaking to david at highland game and he says there paying £2.50 per kg fully cleaned and head and feet of. Is this reasonable price and just wondering do they have to be tagged, he never says. Going to be my first time supplying so want to get it right. Thanks FS.

twill be interesting if they will accept non tagged no reputable dealer should as it gives poachers an open invite. last time I was in Scotland every deer I shot had my Hunter number on it even though it was my mates estate.

Hi guys, Was speaking to david at highland game and he says there paying £2.50 per kg fully cleaned and head and feet of. Is this reasonable price and just wondering do they have to be tagged, he never says. Going to be my first time supplying so want to get it right. Thanks FS.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to sell to a game delaer without a declaration tag.

All carcasses to be tagged after you register your details with them ie hunter number etc, you get paid the end of the next month ie. one goes in on any day in dec and you get paid by BACS end of Jan. The £2.50 is the current rate for red, there is a sliding scale for roe depending on the weight of the animal

Tagging is not compulsory YET.

Dealers can still take untagged animals. There are certain details they are obliged to obtain though.

Roe has always been at a premium price.

I remember getting 30p/lb from Highland Venison for Reds and Roe was at £1/lb.

I think that you would get a better price from Ian Lawrie at Rathillet. Company name "Plucking Magic" 07944 255215

phone callum at highland game for tags and prices at 07799764680

Bogtrotter where abouts is Vickers game mate. I only know rick bestwick down the shore.

Cam.

Rick Bestwick no longer their they were taken over by Highland Game and they closed the Perth depot, Vickers Game now in the premises.

George who was the manager for Bestwick is now running Vicars Game, believe he is a partner in the business.

Last summer Highland Game in Dundee were paying £3.00/kg for Roe over 16kg, £2.50/kg for Roe 12-16kg and £2.00/kg for roe under 12kg. They would deduct money for any carcase shot in saddle or haunch, and they pay at the end of the following month direct to your bank. This was a vast increase to the flat fee of £1.50/kg they were paying for Roe in 2010. The price of venison is on the up and I would check the prices again once the bucks start because they may well change.

Peterbourgh game have contacted me saying they are running vans twice a week up the east coast of Scotland collecting venison, they offered me £3.50/kg for Roe.

Cheers,
Mark.

Back