Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your go to sound?

Your go to sound?

Hi guys I've just got a Foxpro Spitfire and was wondering for those that have an Ecaller what is your go to sound? The sound that brings old Charlie running!

Matt

Mouse sqeaker every time (but not too loud), i've not had mine long and am still experimenting a bit,had 5(4 dogs, 1 vixen) in an hour using it,i also had a brace of vixens (both heavily in cub) using the "distressed kitten" I recon it's a case of "suck it and see", you'll find what works for you at one location or time of year may not work else where, by this i mean, Lambs in distress at lambing time, chicken in distress around a chicken farm etc.
    I did find that the mouse call works well on the owls though, they couldn't resist it.

Tikkat3

Yes I agree its trial and error & time of year will dictate what you use. Just had a barn owl come in to young rabbit distress, I can't wait for the summer evenings with the camera.

TakkaT3 the night you shot 5 that was all in one spot right, did you change sounds at all or mute it?

Matt
    Last edited by Cougar; 28-12-2011 at 18:09.

I found that if the fox is on exxocet mode and running at full tilt,then, if you mute the sound when the fox was within 50yds, they tend to stop dead and try to get a scent bearing, this gives plenty of time for a steady shot, if it looks like he's gona do a runner, flick the sound back on but reduce the volume steadily as soon as you have, this seemed to get their interest going again.

Tikkat3

Vixen on heat, screaming rat, distressed grey squirrel, bunny distress - the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Mouse sqeaker every time (but not too loud), i've not had mine long and am still experimenting a bit,had 5(4 dogs, 1 vixen) in an hour using it,i also had a brace of vixens (both heavily in cub) using the "distressed kitten" I recon it's a case of "suck it and see", you'll find what works for you at one location or time of year may not work else where, by this i mean, Lambs in distress at lambing time, chicken in distress around a chicken farm etc.
    I did find that the mouse call works well on the owls though, they couldn't resist it.

Tikkat3
    Spot on Tony...Horses for courses...There are some great lamb and baby goat calls on there even the antelope fawn (think thats what tis called) workes great at lambing time.

Out tonight in the rain for an hour, another dog fox in the first ten minutes with the aid of the "young rabbit" call.
    That makes eight in three trips, so far so good, still well pleased with the foxpro

Tikkat3

Well done. I'm going to have a go during the day tomorrow with the spitfire and mojo critter.

At this time of year paddy_sp's vixen on heat call.

PM sent.

Rick