Thread: Processed food

Processed food

As a stalker I eat pretty well, with a freezer full of venison, other food I eat is fresh veg and the Spelt bread I eat is from a decent bakers in Chipping Sodbury, Hobbs House, free range eggs and the occasional squirrel pie,.
    I am finding when I eat processed food from Tescos or another supermarket that my stomach rumbles and is generally not content to process what I thrust into it.
    Even Tesco sandwiches, egg and cress or tuna and sweetcorn which I munch on when in town actually stick in my throat, perhaps I eat them too quickly?
    When chewing the bread it collapses very easily compared with the Spelt bread I eat, it seems to have no structure.
    But I do find that processed food from these places is not good for me, perhaps I am spoilt or fortunate in what I eat but the crap which is put into these things must have a lot to do with it.
    I think the bread sold in supermarkets is the stuff which is made almost from modified flour messed with by the producers to bulk up the quantities and modifed almost at a molecular level.
    I had a Ginsters Chicken and Mushroom slice this lunchtime and one of their pasties slightly later on although I was spitting out the gristle from the pastie as I went and the fat stuck to the roof of my mouth as I eat, and now my guts are not happy.
    I appreciate that this is probably mechanically recovered meat so not very good.

Any similar experiences or am I peculiar?
    Last edited by jack; 28-12-2011 at 20:46.

hey jack.. dont be alone out there!!!! am with you all the way there fella. crap food = crap digestion. just starting to feel the full force of this as i get older. am not going in to details!!!

you wouldnt put crap fuel in your car would you? and you can buy a new car, dont muck about with your system you cant buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    As a stalker I eat pretty well, with a freezer full of venison, other food I eat is fresh veg and the Spelt bread I eat is from a decent bakers in Chipping Sodbury, Hobbs House, free range eggs and the occasional squirrel pie,.
    I am finding when I eat processed food from Tescos or another supermarket that my stomach rumbles and is generally not content to process what I thrust into it.
    Even Tesco sandwiches, egg and cress or tuna and sweetcorn which I munch on when in town actually stick in my throat, perhaps I eat them too quickly?
    When chewing the bread it collapses very easily compared with the Spelt bread I eat, it seems to have no structure.
    But I do find that processed food from these places is not good for me, perhaps I am spoilt or fortunate in what I eat but the crap which is put into these things must have a lot to do with it.
    I think the bread sold in supermarkets is the stuff which is made almost from modified flour messed with by the producers to bulk up the quantities and modifed almost at a molecular level.
    I had a Ginsters Chicken and Mushroom slice this lunchtime and one of their pasties slightly later on although I was spitting out the gristle from the pastie as I went and the at stuck to the roof of my mouth as I eat, and now my guts are not happy.
    I appreciate that this is probably mechanically recovered meat so not very good.

Any similar experiences or am I peculiar?
    I entirely agree with you and have had many similar experiences myself. At the risk of being sued for slander/defamation/libel or some other ruinous legal offence if you should ever travel to the Isle of Wight IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION DO NOT BUY A SANDWICH FROM THE FERRY TERMINAL - especially one marked "Coronation Chicken" , without first purchasing a catering pack of toilet paper. atb Tim

Bad food

Agreed, I stalk, keep bees, chickens and pigs and make bread so provide most of my food through my own efforts. I find the idea of eating processed food repellent and when I occasionally do, my stomach quickly reminds me not to do so again - this is in the form of just being aware that I have eaten something that my stomach isn't used to and doesn't want. The idea of living off pizza, fizzy drinks, oven-ready meals, etc. a la Tesco makes me feel ill so I can't imagine how I would actually feel if those formed part of my diet - no wonder there is so much obesity, cancer and sick looking people around. You are what you eat.

Agrre with everything said. We recently started growing our own veg, we also have 3 chickens so get nice fresh eggs and we buy free range/outdoor reared meat from a local farm shop and sometimes from farmers markets and definately feel much better for it

Agree with everything said 100% I try my best to not use the supermarkets but local providers as much as possible . I get my own venison,rabbits ,pigeon ,pheasant etc meat eggs from local farms and fish from meat swaps, make my own pizza pasta etc as much as possible.

The wife does the same but last week she did come home from supermarket with some ready meals that were reduced 4 meals for a 1 .....I can see why ....the only thing you could taste was salt & sugar.

I have even managed to convert some of the lads in work to go to local butchers not the big chains and they are well impressed.

Many moons ago when the wife first moved in (and a bit nieve )I was given a couple of corn feed wildish reared cockerels I plucked & cleaned them and put them in the fridge ready to cook later on .

During the day the misses rang saying how the cockerels were rotten and stinking out the fridge and she was going to bin them, convinced her to hold her horses and wait till I get home .

On checking the fridge there was no rotten smell just a very slight odor of chicken I removed them from the fridge and she sniffed them and said how they were rotten (even though they were killed 8 hrs before )

she informed me how every other chicken she had ever sniffed did not smell as strong , convincing her that this was how they should smell she conceded .

On cooking the birds she was amazed at how good and flavorsome they tasted ,to give her,her due she hasn't really looked back since and eats all game now, and even pushes the local providers to the non believers .

p.s ..i still love a kebab when nissed

Thanks for your comments, as I suspected, not alone in this at all.
    It was two Gionsters products in the single day which did it. I am still recovering as I write.
    Got a Roe haunch to cook tonight and shot a Doe last night so plenty of good food for me.
    I must remember not to buy the crap when in town. Temptation gets the better of me.
    It is the added chemicals which do it.
    As it happens there is a research report published in the BBC web site which suggests a healthy diet keeps your brain active and keeps Alzheimers at bay whereas junk food has the opposite effect.
    Link: BBC News - Alzheimer