Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any one for gold medal roe buck ??

Any one for gold medal roe buck ??

It comes to something when you can just go buy your medals and stick them on your own, whats the world coming too!!!!!

ROE DEER BUCK ANTLERS FAB TROPHY GOLD MEDAL CIC OFFICIAL | eBay

ROE DEER BUCK ANTLERS FAB TROPHY BRONZE MEDAL CIC OFFICIAL | eBay

i think they should be banned from selling them. I bet they will make a very high price !!

they dont look like any medals ive seen , each to their own , i wouldnt want to buy any medals or heads that were someone elses but i think your making too much out of whats just a bit of stay bright metal

They aren't any good without the official document that itemises all the relevent measurments that add up to the total required for a Gold or any other medal so on it's own it isn't worth tuppence

Maybe it just me but if I was to shoot a medal it would be for the memory of the hunt. I am not intrested in getting a little medal

It is the British CIC medal and like said with out paper work is not much good. Most people now get the official CIC trophy its got the world map and a picture of four animals on the reverse

A few confused comments here.You dont get awarded the medal if you get your head scored,you have to buy it.The bit that means anything is the certificate.If you get a head scored you dont have to buy a medal,and you might get one cheaper from the likes of Ebay.Whats so wrong with buying a medal from Ebay if you can get it cheaper?Its not cheating as long as your head has been scored to make that award.Granted it is the old medal that looks crap but some folk still have the originals.

I am pretty sure that if a head is measured and fits the criteria for an 'award' or to put it another way to help clear up any confusion about 'awards', fits the criteria to qualify for a medal standard, there is a charge for the Certificate which includes the medal.
    As for not shooting a Deer just to obtain a medal just the memory, I'm sure there are quite few Stalkers that would not only like to retain the memory of that particular stalk, but would also like to have something to show for it.
    I am quite sure one of our learned measurers will put us right shortly.

EmcC when you get a head measured there are two cost the measure rs cost that will include paperwork stating if it made a medal or not. If it made a medal then it will tell you the medal it scored for eg bronze 105 -114 silver 115 - 129 Gold 130 - above. If you then want the medal you need to purchase that separately. I hope i am not teaching the proverbial granny to suck egg,s
    I see the currnt bid is 20 and i am sure i bought mine for 20 many years ago.
    Last edited by rudy65; 29-12-2011 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy65 View Post
    EmcC when you get a head measured there are two cost the measure rs cost that will include paperwork stating if it made a medal or not. If it made a medal then it will tell you the medal it scored for eg bronze 105 -114 silver 115 - 120 Gold 130 - above. If you then want the medal you need to purchase that separately. I hope i am not teaching the proverbial granny to suck egg,s
    I see the currnt bid is 20 and i am sure i bought mine for 20 many years ago.
    Spot on, i've watched many stalkers pay for the certificate, then being asked if they would like the appropriate medal and refuse.