Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best way to do level two

best way to do level two

I enroled for my level 2 a year ago or so and its sat in the draw ever since. I,ve shot many deer since but have never had any stalks witnessed. I thought I would get a friend who is an AC to do a stalk but my ground is not consistent enough to drag someone out for.
    Anyone have any suggestions of someone near oxon that I can contact, If I make an effort to get this done It will sit in the drawer till it expires.

Hi Pete,

Contact DMQ and they will be able to supply you with an up to date list of AW's. I think the new lists are out in mid to late January.

ATB

Sikamalc

Hi pete
    I keep meaning to get mine done but you know things happen O yes life gets in the way. Please tell me after you regester how long do you have to fill your 3 deer and witnessed for the book

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    Hi pete
    I keep meaning to get mine done but you know things happen O yes life gets in the way. Please tell me after you regester how long do you have to fill your 3 deer and witnessed for the book

Andrew
    I think you will find it is 3 years from the date of your registering for Level 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Hi Pete,

Contact DMQ and they will be able to supply you with an up to date list of AW's. I think the new lists are out in mid to late January.

ATB

Sikamalc

Thanks malc

I was hoping for a recomendation really, I suspect some are better than others. I can think of a few motives for being an AW and although I fully expect to pay for a service I dont want to get rinsed

Pete

Hi Pete,
    I like you sat on my portfolio but eventually got started.
    Not sure what species you have access to but up north I have roe and fallow. I started beginning of April and therefore was able to target both buck species - gave me a second opportunity everytime I was out. Good luck

I have tried to follow the DSC guidelines and do each ICR with a different stalker which takes a little more time but I think it's worth it, although eight paid stalks later and only one complete ICR makes me think it was a flawed plan.

Once I clear my current work load I have decided to book a weeks witnessed stalking somewhere to try to get at least two more ICR's done, as the cost in travelling hours between stalks alone is one that I find hard to quantify.

I am in the same position and had resigned myself to the fact that whilst I stalk on my own ground both on the mainland and sometimes with more opportunity elsewhere that to get it over and done with was the best option.

I was planning to book two consecutive days in the borders with a member here and see if we could get three cull hinds, with the option of a third day if required.

it seemed much more cost effective than trying to drag an AW along on the off chance that a buck or doe would show itself!

I dont consider this a training exercise, its a test of skills and IMO getting it done is the name of the game. then become an AW so that we can see more DSC2 qualified people at a higher rate and lower cost

Quote Originally Posted by pete evans View Post
    Thanks malc

I was hoping for a recomendation really, I suspect some are better than others. I can think of a few motives for being an AW and although I fully expect to pay for a service I dont want to get rinsed

Pete
    Spot on Pete, I would be enquiring from the witness before hand just how much they intended to charge.

Most charge expence's only, if not your own ground you can expect to pay a small access fee,

and there will be others who will have your trousers down if you gullible enough !!

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Hi Pete, there is a chap not far from me that i have been out with a couple of time, not done any witnessed stalks with him yet, but he is an AW and i would recommoend him he is a top bloke. not sure what he would charge you but he charges me 60 quid a stalk and 20 quid per cull animal, i assume it would be the same for you if you went out on his ground? dont think he charges much if anything to do the write up if your already on his ground? if your interested i can give you his number, he lives just behind ragley hall in warwickshire...
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..